How far would you drive for your new JL?

Shadowfire

I recently purchased a JL Rubicon and as I was reading some posts it occurred to me that a lot of you have gone to great lengths and or waited a long time to get your JL..so how far or how long? I drove 2k miles round trip to get my Punkin mainly because the local dealer wouldn’t budge on sticker but also didn’t have a punkin rubi, had no 2dr Rubi and low balled my trade. The dealer I found in Knoxville dropped it 3k off the sticker and gave me 5k more for my trade in so it was a no brainer for me only option I didn’t get I wanted was led and an order for the same Jeep LED was frozen...something to do with supplier so I couldn’t have gotten it anyway..and now I’m reading that 18 orders close today. Anyway shout out to the team at Knoxville CDJR thanks!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I drove 2K round trip. Local dealers were at or above MSRP. The closest dealer wanted 4K over sticker to order a Mojito.

Sgt Beavis

I did a lot of research before buying my JLUS. After that I contacted Dennis Dillon near Boise and got a quote, with everything I wanted. They offered me 5% below invoice. Boise is an 8 hour drive, so I was going to fly up there on Southwest and drive back. However, before pulling the trigger and putting down a deposit, the EXACT Ocean Blue JLUS that I wanted came into stock at a dealer that was only an hour and a half away (Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs). I called them and mentioned the deal I had with Dennis Dillon. They said they couldn't do 5% off but, when I asked for it, they did agree to 3% off. That is an $800 difference but when you consider airfare, hotels, gas, wear and tear, and the value of my time, I decided 3% below invoice was a no brainer. I made a $500 deposit over the phone and drove down there to pick up my Jeep the following weekend.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I did a lot of research before buying my JLUS. After that I contacted Dennis Dillon near Boise and got a quote, with everything I wanted. They offered me 5% below invoice. Boise is an 8 hour drive, so I was going to fly up there on Southwest and drive back. However, before pulling the trigger and putting down a deposit, the EXACT Ocean Blue JLUS that I wanted came into stock at a dealer that was only an hour and a half away (Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs). I called them and mentioned the deal I had with Dennis Dillon. They said they couldn't do 5% off but, when I asked for it, they did agree to 3% off. That is an $800 difference but when you consider airfare, hotels, gas, wear and tear, and the value of my time, I decided 3% below invoice was a no brainer. I made a $500 deposit over the phone and drove down there to pick up my Jeep the following weekend.

Dennis Dillon has some good deals.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

sgkdhk

I purchased mine at dealer cost minus holdback of 3% which is average for Jeeps. The dealer is still making profits at that number due to all of the other incentives they get through the manufacture. Dealers receive credits for units sold, advertising credits, and the list goes on. Check Edmunds.com to see what others are paying is a good place to start.

13_gecko_rubi

I purchased mine at dealer cost minus holdback of 3% which is average for Jeeps. The dealer is still making profits at that number due to all of the other incentives they get through the manufacture. Dealers receive credits for units sold, advertising credits, and the list goes on. Check Edmunds.com to see what others are paying is a good place to start.

Dealers do not get bonuses on JL. It is excluded. They count towards there monthly target that if exceeded gives them bonuses but they dont get a penny for the JL. In some cases selling an extra JL can mean a lot of money for them as it can mean them getting a larger bonus on all the other vehicles they sold. Contrary to popular belief if they sell at invoice minus holdback there is very little other money they get. Barely covers their costs to pay salesman and prep. What many of them do is get creative with financing or add doc fees, warranties, etc yo mals some cash.

Sent via....

JeepJL

I drove a touch over 300 miles one way to Idaho Peterson’s Jeep and saved $6869 off MSRP on a JLUR I ordered. Took exactly 2 months to get it. But to be fair I waited a month before they even started building the 19’s. Highly recommend the trip to them. No hidden fees, cheap processing fee, Best buying experience I ever had and better deal then Dennis Dillion. I paid $401 over the sticker with fees and tags.
IMG_2697.jpg

Dice23

I drove a touch over 300 miles one way to Idaho Peterson’s Jeep and saved $6869 off MSRP on a JLUR I ordered. Took exactly 2 months to get it. But to be fair I waited a month before they even started building the 19’s. Highly recommend the trip to them. No hidden fees, cheap processing fee, Best buying experience I ever had and better deal then Dennis Dillion. I paid $401 over the sticker with fees and tags.
View attachment 8709

Love the white with plastic fenders

Robert Alderdice

Clark Griswold

I was lucky enough to find the one I wanted at $6k off list and only 45min drive away and they gave me more than I expected for my JK plus they have a limited 20yr 200k mile powertrain warranty as long as it is serviced at licensed shops (don't know if I will be able to do that) 🤪

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I don't know what it is about Idaho but they sure do have amazing deals. I bought my truck there and know lots of guys who drive all the way up from SoCal to buy vehicles.

Great looking Jeep BTW - it makes me want to swap out my painted fenders for a set of black. :crazyeyes: