JL Rubicon delay

sgkdhk

Ordered JL Rubicon Sting Grey on June, 22nd an das of yesterday mine is sitting in JB status for 9 days now. Called Jeep and was told that it is still within the normal 10-12 week delivery time. Dealer told me 6-7 weeks. Disappointed in the long delay and ready to cancel and go buy a truck instead.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

hins2jw0

Ordered JL Rubicon Sting Grey on June, 22nd an das of yesterday mine is sitting in JB status for 9 days now. Called Jeep and was told that it is still within the normal 10-12 week delivery time. Dealer told me 6-7 weeks. Disappointed in the long delay and ready to cancel and go buy a truck instead.

I understand the frustration. I ordered mine on May 14th... It's still in D1 status because I ordered a 2.0 turbo. At least yours is built. I've read that other guys are waiting much longer than me for the 2.0. Customer service isn't giving me anything.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

4wd

Every car i have ever order, it is 8-12 weeks, a car can still fall out of that window, but most do not, do not take dealers word on anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

v8260z@gmail.com

Ordered mine 6/8 and took delivery on 7/26 just be patient. Lol20180725_154930.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Mine was 74 days from order to delivery. Actually quicker than I had originally anticipated. Honestly I just ordered and didn't worry. What's the difference... it shows up when it shows up. Typically people have a problem with delayed gratification.

Last edited:

sgkdhk

Ok, here it is day 65 since ordering and according to Jeep my Rubicon will be in next week. Called dealer and they said 10-15 more days. Hung up the phone 10 minutes later dealer called (different manager) to tell me my Rubicon is in and come on in to get it. I was some kind of pissed off with all the delays but I went and the new Rubicon is awesome in Sting Grey or I have Stockholm Syndrome from 65 days of being beat up. 4 miles on it so far and seems really tight but does wander a bit. Nothing like my old CJ7

hins2jw0

Ok, here it is day 65 since ordering and according to Jeep my Rubicon will be in next week. Called dealer and they said 10-15 more days. Hung up the phone 10 minutes later dealer called (different manager) to tell me my Rubicon is in and come on in to get it. I was some kind of pissed off with all the delays but I went and the new Rubicon is awesome in Sting Grey or I have Stockholm Syndrome from 65 days of being beat up. 4 miles on it so far and seems really tight but does wander a bit. Nothing like my old CJ7

Yeah mine went something like that as well. I originally ordered May 13th I think? I called to complain again and then they said it had just been completed but not shipped. When I asked how long till it ships, she had me hold on a minute and then said "nevermind, it was delivered at your dealership last night at 9pm."

I waited a week (very begrudgingly I might add) because the assistant manager that I ordered it through was away. Long story short, I love it immensely. And I LOVE the sting gray color as well - so does anyone else who sees it.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Check your tire pressure. Mine was WAY off on delivery & it drove like I was on wagon wheels. 40-42psi randomly per wheel. That settled things down for me.