“YOUJLUS” JL Rubicon build

YOUJLUS

Hello guys,

For those that are on the wayalife forum in “mybadjk.” Recently bought a black JL Rubicon for the wife. Will be a slow start on building the jl as I’m trying to finish some things on the jk.

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

One of the first little mods was switching out the antenna and remove the end caps on the rubicon bumper.

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

Added some floor mats I picked up from the dealership. I like the little gems that they added on.

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

I liked this one especially since I’m a miner.

IMG_1985.jpg

Next on the list when I get around to it is buying evo sliders for the jl. Then I’ll lift the Jeep and take my 37s off my jk and put them on this when I switch to 40s. Would like to regear as well. I read that spicer has came out with 4.88 gears, but had no luck finding them.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to JLWRANGLER, it's great to have you... or, should I say, your wife's JL here! :D

YOUJLUS

Well not a good update on everything. But coming back from Vegas a semi blew a tire next to us and blew out the driver side window. Nothing like a 1 drive turning into a couple more hour drive.

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

Luckily the shop is able to get a window in hopefully tomorrow, if not Monday. Was worried it would be a special order. Have heard the windshields are back ordered.

YOUJLUS

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

Big surprise coming up [emoji6] 40s! Lol jk those are going on the jk and the JL is getting my 37s. I will be driving it around without a lift for a while. Trying to do more research on lifts. But not fully sure. Probably do a Frankenstein lift.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Wow. I just saw this. Sorry about the window. Did a glass shop have the part to repair it quickly? Congrats on the new tires for both Jeeps.

YOUJLUS

That sucks on the window.

Yeah it did. But got it taken care of.

Wow. I just saw this. Sorry about the window. Did a glass shop have the part to repair it quickly? Congrats on the new tires for both Jeeps.

They overnighted a window. Just had to pay out of pocket sense they didn’t have it in their system. Thanks! Now time to decide on a lift. Their goes my long arm on the jk. Lol

wibornz

Yup it is her Jeep. Great strategy. No, I bought it for YOUR jeep. Might work....maybe. Never worked for me when I bought my wife guns randomly.