Hinge protection, new product.....

NFRs2000NYC

Found this while trolling amazon

https://amzn.to/2LBoJL3

Seems like a decent solution to save the hinges from taking a beating. So far, they only have them in black, red, silver, and carbon, but I'm sure there will be 100 other companies that will sell more colors on ebay and such. 3M Clear film is another solution, just figured some people may want to run these until they figure out some other solution that works for them.

Eddie, I wasn't sure how to do it, but change my amazon link through your account so it becomes your affiliate link. :thumb:

*Disclaimer* Im in no way affiliated with the product, just saw it, and thought it could be useful to some.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! I appreciate you posting this up and really, these don't look too bad. I think I'll wait till mine are really beat up but by then, I might give these another look. :yup:

kimmonia

Once received, I'm planning on spraying matte clear coat and then installing. Will post review!

WiscoHR

I have had these on mine for a few months now and they handle the rock hits very well. They look a lot better than my rear fenders which are beat to shit. At first I was worried the tape wouldn’t hold them on for long but they have held up so far.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

If they use the real 3M tape, that sh!t is welded on. Ive used it on other vehicles, and once it's on, it isn't easy to remove.

Spack

So, I went on to amazon and found the VroomTec hinge covers for about $10 cheaper and they looked identical. VroomTec Automotive Jeep Wrangler... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JWBD8Y2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share I bought black and they came smooth and shiny. I didn’t like the look of that so I hit them with a little clear matte spray. IMG_4826.jpg They fit pretty snuggly and had ample foam tape on the back. Unsure if it’s 3M. IMG_4827.jpg I didn’t notice until I got the drivers side done, but the upper cover does not fully cover the hinge. IMG_4829.jpg I put some black 3M vinyl on before starting the passenger side then went back and threaded some vinyl alongside the cover. IMG_4832.jpg I used a heat gun just for a sec to get the glue sticky as it was kinda cold when I did this. They seemed to stick pretty damn well too. I think it turned out well and doesn’t look too bad. IMG_4828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app