JL JOURNAL : DYNATRAC EnduroSport JL Wrangler 2" Lift Kit TEST & REVIEW

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Im sure, but going 35-45mph on washboards for 20 miles will give a shock a good workout, I just wanted to be sure a non-remote reservoir shock can take that sort of punishment without overheating. I did it with my Rancho 9000s in wyoming, and they seemed to have held up, but I figured with the JL I'll be running 37s (running 35s on my JKUR now) and the heavier 37s will be a harder load for the shock to handle.

A good monotube shock will do a better job of dissipating heat than a hydro shock and the nitrogen inside will do a better job of preventing cavitation. Sure, a remote reservoir will do it better but I rarely see people putting them to the test. 35-45mph on washboards for 20 miles would NOT be something I'd feel needs remote reservoirs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, How much lift did you get with this lift kit?

On our JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with heavy front bumper, winch and heavy spare tire, I measured a little over 1.5" up front and about 2" in the rear. Basically, about what we were getting with 2.5" coil spacers only, we had a much much nicer ride. On the Dynatrac Sahara with factory plastic bumpers and 35" spare, I measured almost 2.5" front and rear. I would assume that most people would come in somewhere in between and that's why Dynatrac is selling this as a 2" lift.

Resqnu

Thank you.
I'm about ready to purchase a new 2018 JLU and looking for a lift to run 37" tires. Really enjoyed the video on it. I see clearance for the most part is good with a little rub at full stuff with your setup. Would clearance be the same with 17x9 wheels w/4.5 backspacing with the 37" SST Pros in 13.50 vs 12.50?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you.
I'm about ready to purchase a new 2018 JLU and looking for a lift to run 37" tires. Really enjoyed the video on it. I see clearance for the most part is good with a little rub at full stuff with your setup. Would clearance be the same with 17x9 wheels w/4.5 backspacing with the 37" SST Pros in 13.50 vs 12.50?

4.5" is just .25" less than what we're running and with 13.50 wide STT Pros. That would push your tires out just a tad bit further and that may cause ever so slightly more rubbing at the edge of the fender trim. But, I'd hardly think it'd be a real issue and running taller bump stops would fix that.

Jeepauug

Thanks Eddie:thumb:

Hi Eddie, would you recommend running a small front spacer with this kit for leveling (1/2”)? I have a Moab with the front factory steel bumper and have no plans for a winch. Thanks!

Last edited:

grein46087

If you've got a Jeep JL Wrangler and are looking to give it a small lift but are afraid that it'll compromise the quality of your ride, there's a brand new lift kit coming your way and it's one that you are gonna want to consider - the 2" EnduroSport! Made by Dynatrac, this lift was designed from the ground up to be an affordable, entry level kit that’s easy to install and one that has a primary focus on ride comfort. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see Cindy and I put this lift through its paces, out on the trail and maybe more importantly, across worn out stretches of asphalt and rutted out railroad crossings. You know, just to get a better idea of how this lift feels on a daily driven Jeep. To wrap things up, we'll show you what this lift looks like on a Rubicon model JL Wrangler, running a set of 37" tires and of course, all flexed out. We hope you enjoy our presentation and we'd be grateful if you could please let us know what you think about the all new Dynatrac 2" EnduroSport Lift. :cool:

[stuff removed ...]

Good luck to all of you! :thumb:

Eddie, so really nice video. I have a new 2019 JLUR on order - expect in a next couple of weeks. I believe I have made up my mind to go with the Dynatrac Endurosport lift. and I want to place 37 tires on the Jeep. do I need to have some additional items to consider for rubbing. and should I consider adjustable controls arms and which ones should I prioritize.

Many Thanks
Hans

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, so really nice video. I have a new 2019 JLUR on order - expect in a next couple of weeks. I believe I have made up my mind to go with the Dynatrac Endurosport lift. and I want to place 37 tires on the Jeep. do I need to have some additional items to consider for rubbing. and should I consider adjustable controls arms and which ones should I prioritize.

Many Thanks
Hans

The amount of lift that the EnduroSport provides will not require control arms. You will need to be prepared to do some modifying of the rear fender liners near the bumper as you will see some rubbing there. Up front, you will see some minor rubbing of the liners as well but not enough to be an issue the way it is in the rear. IF you install a heavy front bumper and winch, you will want to install a 1" coil spacer to help make up for lost height.

Jeepauug

FYI - I just installed this lift - loving it so far. Appreciate the video and detail. I'll be writing up a review - BIG difference on-road, damping is great - a big improvement over the falcon shocks. And, it's a nice balance with the 34x105r17's.

BBDOC

Hi Eddie, would you recommend running a small front spacer with this kit for leveling (1/2”)? I have a Moab with the front factory steel bumper and have no plans for a winch. Thanks!

I have been running these for a while and really enjoy them. I have no winch and like my ride height in front. With a winch and heavier bumper you will probably want at least 3/4 to an inch up front. IMG_2020.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

grein46087

The amount of lift that the EnduroSport provides will not require control arms. You will need to be prepared to do some modifying of the rear fender liners near the bumper as you will see some rubbing there. Up front, you will see some minor rubbing of the liners as well but not enough to be an issue the way it is in the rear. IF you install a heavy front bumper and winch, you will want to install a 1" coil spacer to help make up for lost height.

Great thank you Eddie!! I sincerely appreciate the information, really love your videos - they are inspirational - keep up the great work.

Llkindt

What is the general consensus on adding 1/2 coil spacers on all four corners? Does this put me in a new geometry territory where additional track bars, tb brackets and control arms are needed? Should mention 2020 sport s with 35*12.5*17 Toyos ATIII.