A BETTER BUDGET BOOST : Rancho 2" Sport JL Wrangler Rubicon Lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can I ask a question of the members who have the mopar lift? Mine on road in windy conditions is very squirrelly and even scary at times if I’m pulling a load, about 1500 pounds. I’ve contacted mopar but no resolution. Any feedback would be appreciated

From what I have seen, the Mopar coils are really soft. This is a big part of why their kit offers a nice ride but it's also the reason why the front coils bow. The 1500 pound trailer you have is more than likely causing your rear end to squat and that's causing your front end to nose up. This will make for squirrelly handling.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now KM3, MTR, or SST Pro?

Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar are about the worst tires I have ever owned. I would NOT recommend them. The KM3, I have yet to test out but typically, BFG makes good tires that have long lasting treads. The only downside to them I've seen in the past is that they tend to have weaker sidewalls. STT Pros is what I'm running now and they are by far one of the BEST tires I've owned bar none.

Deezus

Although the $600 Rancho lift is very tempting, When you add adjustable LCA from say EVO at $460 now you're over a grand. Adding fox shocks would add another $600 plus so you're not really talking apples and apples about the cost. But, I'm thinking about the EVO stage 2 and fox shocks, since I'd be adding the EVO LCAs anyway and I could add the other EVO bits down the road. I know you recommend both companies so perhaps it's not a fair question but I curious about your thoughts on comparing the two lifts, without considering the difference in cost.

thanks
Why would you add the LCAs?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Deezus

Now KM3, MTR, or SST Pro?

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I would have gotten the KM3s but when I went to make my purchase they weren't available in 37 and they were well over $400 per tire. I'm so glad I didn't because I went with the Cooper's and not only were they $288 per tire they are USA made and so soft and quiet. And they look dope on my JL and how a product performs comes first but looks us a close second. My Jeep has to be able to do Rubicon one day and the mall the next and it does which is why I love Jeeps.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Update and question; update the Rancho sport 2” with the rs5000 series shock is on sale today for $549, question is would the rs9000 series be better for $100 more?

In my opinion, YES! I am running the 9000's now and being that you can set the valving on them, they will offer a ride that you are sure to like. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie, I'm no mechanic by any means but I was thinking to eliminate the driver side lean could I swap the driver & passenger side coils to maybe even it out? I hang up now and listen to your answer. Rgds

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NO. The coils are corner specific and you cannot install them on the opposite side as you will NOT be able to index them in the isolators. That being said, the lean will level out a bit over time and not be as pronounced.