A BETTER BUDGET BOOST : Rancho 2" Sport JL Wrangler Rubicon Lift

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like it still flexed well! Did you find any new rubbing or was that basically all fixed from the budget boost testing you did?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it still flexed well! Did you find any new rubbing or was that basically all fixed from the budget boost testing you did?

We did have a bit of new rubbing but that was a result of us running the 2" bump stop extensions that came with the kit. Rancho did send us 3" extensions as well but we wanted to see how things would work with 1/2" less extension than what we had. Clearly, 1/2" more extension would have most likely eliminated any rub we were seeing.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
We did have a bit of new rubbing but that was a result of us running the 2" bump stop extensions that came with the kit. Rancho did send us 3" extensions as well but we wanted to see how things would work with 1/2" less extension than what we had. Clearly, 1/2" more extension would have most likely eliminated any rub we were seeing.

You thinking of swapping the bump stops out or just try and massage the rubbing areas first? I know you don’t wanna lose to much up travel if you can make it work

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You thinking of swapping the bump stops out or just try and massage the rubbing areas first? I know you don’t wanna lose to much up travel if you can make it work

The additional rubbing we were seeing was minor, or at least in my opinion. I'll try to massage them out first :yup:

Thinknator

Finally, it is my understanding that the 2" Sport Lift for Rubicons is the exact same kit as the 3.5" lift for Sport and Saharas. Not sure why there's such a height difference but, there you have it.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe hearing this from one of the guys at Rancho that lift height is based on ground to fenders. In this case, JL Rubi has higher fender profile than the Sport and Saharas.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe hearing this from one of the guys at Rancho that lift height is based on ground to fenders. In this case, JL Rubi has higher fender profile than the Sport and Saharas.

I believe you are correct on this.

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
Here is my one "sales pitch" LOL. If you (not you Eddie) are looking at a system, this is also on rebate. So another $100 off with the mail-in rebate.

;):beer:

And if you have questions, I will do my best to answer them too.
I am about to head to the East Coast for a week, getting our son from sleep away camp. :thumb:
Matt

Thanks! It really is so nice to have a nice ride again. I honestly can't believe it's only $640 too. Great job guys :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Here is my one "sales pitch" LOL. If you (not you Eddie) are looking at a system, this is also on rebate. So another $100 off with the mail-in rebate.

;):beer:

And if you have questions, I will do my best to answer them too.
I am about to head to the East Coast for a week, getting our son from sleep away camp. :thumb:
Matt

Am I reading this right, a sub $600 lift including springs and shocks?:eek:

Four Flusher

I see on your web site you offer a LCA relocation bracket, pros/cons? I think Eddies running adjustable LCAs, is that something that'll be needed, now/down the road?
thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I see on your web site you offer a LCA relocation bracket, pros/cons? I think Eddies running adjustable LCAs, is that something that'll be needed, now/down the road?
thanks

The pros of running drop brackets is that they'll correct your suspension geometry, give you a better ride and for cheap. The cons of drop brackets is that they get trashed on the rocks that you just paid good money to get further way from. In the end, it just depends on how you use your Jeep. If you don't do a whole lot of rock crawling, they're a good option to go with. If you play on the rocks, I would save your money and get adjustable lower arms.

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
So my guy who has run this on 35" tires and now 38" tires runs them and really likes this set upon his JLU. He tends to have a full ride and really likes the added caster from the brackets.

He has done a few things to the 2" SPORT like a taller bumpstop for one.

thanks

Attachments

• 37620930_10217539686987095_6440159566062682112_n.jpg
    37620930_10217539686987095_6440159566062682112_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited: