Lift?

Rubicon29527

My JLUR is stock height with 305/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. After seeing so many pics now with lifts I have the itch for a lift. So far this is the first wrangler that I have kept at stock height. So I need recommendations for a lift, I will probably go 35s as well and sale my 305s, they only have around 5k on them. This will be a dd with some rock crawling on weekends. Pics of you have them

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My JLUR is stock height with 305/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. After seeing so many pics now with lifts I have the itch for a lift. So far this is the first wrangler that I have kept at stock height. So I need recommendations for a lift, I will probably go 35s as well and sale my 305s, they only have around 5k on them. This will be a dd with some rock crawling on weekends. Pics of you have them

Technically, a 305 is a true 35" tire as in, if you were to buy a 35" tire, it'd come close to measuring about the same. Something like a 315 will be a bit taller. That being said, you can do this with a basic coil spacer lift like the kind that EVO makes. All you'd need is the basic kit, coil spacers and shock extensions.

Four Flusher

Technically, a 305 is a true 35" tire as in, if you were to buy a 35" tire, it'd come close to measuring about the same. Something like a 315 will be a bit taller. That being said, you can do this with a basic coil spacer lift like the kind that EVO makes. All you'd need is the basic kit, coil spacers and shock extensions.

Probably a stupid question but if you add a 2.5" spacer lift and 34.4" tires, approximately how much would the step in height of the JL increase?

JTCO

Meme King
Probably a stupid question but if you add a 2.5" spacer lift and 34.4" tires, approximately how much would the step in height of the JL increase?

34.4 on a manufacturer's website is usually a 315/70R17. I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. If that's the case, with the weight of the Jeep on it, it will actually only measure slightly over 33 inches tall. This gives you a tire RADIUS of about 16.5" (from center hub to ground).

So, take your current OEM tire radius (from center of hub to ground). Subtract that # from 16.5" That will give you the amount of lift that your new tires will give you.

Then TIRE LIFT AMOUNT + 2.5"(lift spacer) =HOW MUCH YOUR JEEP WILL RISE.

Hope that makes sense.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
34.4 on a manufacturer's website is usually a 315/70R17. I'm assuming that's what you're looking for. If that's the case, with the weight of the Jeep on it, it will actually only measure slightly over 33 inches tall. This gives you a tire RADIUS of about 16.5" (from center hub to ground).

So, take your current OEM tire radius (from center of hub to ground). Subtract that # from 16.5" That will give you the amount of lift that your new tires will give you.

Then TIRE LIFT AMOUNT + 2.5"(lift spacer) =HOW MUCH YOUR JEEP WILL RISE.

Hope that makes sense.

LOL!! Damn, that's pretty well stated. :rock:

The only thing I might add is that what a manufacturer says on their website is never what you actually get. Most 37's I've personally owned have only measured up to about 35".

WiscoHR

I’m waiting for my lift to get here. Doing EVO 2.5 Enforcer, Core4x4 control arms, Rancho Shocks, with Cooper Stt 37x13.5 on KMC Machetes. Hopefully it all works out. Probably will get some rub on the fenders with 3.5 backspacing but I’ll figure that out as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app