Where Did Your Jeep Take You, This Week?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The title says it all. Where did you go this week? Even if you make your own thread about it, post up here, too!

Even though I’m between real Jeeps, for the next few months, I’ll start it off with our Grand Cherokee. I even put in 4-lo, on the sand.

We went to Lake City, CO. Taking the highway back, we passed Blue Mesa Reservoir. As you can see in the photographs, the water level is very low. I understand that snowfall was not heavy this past winter, and contributed to the low levels in the lakes.

IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2078.JPG
IMG_2079.JPG

As you can see, the navigation system thought we were in the water.

IMG_2081.JPG

In this next set, you can see how far the water level is, below the paved part of the boat launch.

IMG_2082.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, looks like what all the lakes and reservoirs used to look like in California up until a couple of years ago. Looks like the drought just moved east.

JeepFan

Took a ride out to Vasquez Rocks this weekend. Since the 1920's this area has been used in many Hollywood movie and TV productions. Cool place to go hiking too.

20180715_122713.jpg

20180715_123510.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Took a ride out to Vasquez Rocks this weekend. Since the 1920's this has area has been used in many Hollywood movie and TV productions. Cool place to go hiking too.

I'm surprised to see there was nobody there. Or, was it because of this guy :crazyeyes:

TOS1x18.jpg

LauraRose

The title says it all. Where did you go this week? Even if you make your own thread about it, post up here, too!

Even though I’m between real Jeeps, for the next few months, I’ll start it off with our Grand Cherokee. I even put in 4-lo, on the sand.

We went to Lake City, CO. Taking the highway back, we passed Blue Mesa Reservoir. As you can see in the photographs, the water level is very low. I understand that snowfall was not heavy this past winter, and contributed to the low levels in the lakes.

View attachment 3403
View attachment 3404
View attachment 3405
View attachment 3406

As you can see, the navigation system thought we were in the water.

View attachment 3407

In this next set, you can see how far the water level is, below the paved part of the boat launch.

View attachment 3408
View attachment 3409

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Well, this was where my JL took me today. Through another Chest Creek washout on my way to work! We got about 2.5" of rain overnight here in central PA. Not quite as exciting as your white-water forging...[emoji33] 20180717_085908.jpeg20180717_085738.jpeg

Laura Rose from PA

LauraRose

Looks pretty sketchy to me. I hope you didn't try crossing it. :eek:
I stopped & put on my flashers while I debated whether to turn around. A lady pulled up next to me in a Chrysler 300, rolled down her front passenger window and said in a frantic voice as her lapdog jumped around on her front seat, "We have an appointment with the groomer & she's just a mile past the bridge, I'm gonna go for it!" I recommend that she turn around, but she ignored me - you know how important it is to bath your dog! She made it & I was NOT going to be shown up be a chick in a 300 with a shih tzu... so yeah, I went across but ONLY after they didn't get swept away to their deaths, lol.20180718_052606.jpeg

Laura Rose from PA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I stopped & put on my flashers while I debated whether to turn around. A lady pulled up next to me in a Chrysler 300, rolled down her front passenger window and said in a frantic voice as her lapdog jumped around on her front seat, "We have an appointment with the groomer & she's just a mile past the bridge, I'm gonna go for it!" I recommend that she turn around, but she ignored me - you know how important it is to bath your dog! She made it & I was NOT going to be shown up be a chick in a 300 with a shih tzu... so yeah, I went across but ONLY after they didn't get swept away to their deaths, lol.View attachment 3490

Laura Rose from PA

:cheesy: Good call to that that lady test the waters first :thumb: