Hi-lift mounting

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, unless you just like the look of a Hi-Lift mounted on a Jeep, I personally would recommend that you carry a good bottle jack instead.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh ok.
Got the hi-jack for my birthday from someone who didn’t know any better lol now I’m just trying to find a place for it other than my living room

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

LOL!! A Hi-Lift can be a useful tool and I have 2 of them but for the most part, they just stay in my garage. I might consider mounting it inside your Jeep as leaving it out in the elements can be really hard on it. On the older JK, there were a few decent mounts that attached them to the roll bar. Granted, mounting it outside can give you more room inside and I'm sure there will be mounting kits for that soon.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
LOL!! A Hi-Lift can be a useful tool and I have 2 of them but for the most part, they just stay in my garage. I might consider mounting it inside your Jeep as leaving it out in the elements can be really hard on it. On the older JK, there were a few decent mounts that attached them to the roll bar. Granted, mounting it outside can give you more room inside and I'm sure there will be mounting kits for that soon.

I recently saw a picture with a hi-lift mounted at the top-rear portion of the JL roll bar. Not sure who manufactures it, but Google can help with that.

Buggaboo

I agree with Eddie, a bottle jack is the way to go. But the hi-lift is pretty handy once in a while. I kept mine inside my JL to keep it clean like Eddie mentioned.

I think Doubletap is referring to the mount I went with. It’s made by Dominion Off-road and is a pretty easy install. The mounting plates bolt to the roll cage with the included hardware and the fasteners are concealed by the trim. You have to cut the trim a bit to make it look clean. The jack is out of the way and doesn’t interfere with my hoist when removing the hardtop. If you’re wondering, it does stay quiet while driving on roadways. I had to put two rubber isolators on the handle and the hi-lift neoprene cover over the mechanism to keep it that way though. Hope this helps.

IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0944.jpg
IMG_0945.jpg

Cheers,
Buggaboo

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Eddie, a bottle jack is the way to go. But the hi-lift is pretty handy once in a while. I kept mine inside my JL to keep it clean like Eddie mentioned.

I think Doubletap is referring to the mount I went with. It’s made by Dominion Off-road and is a pretty easy install. The mounting plates bolt to the roll cage with the included hardware and the fasteners are concealed by the trim. You have to cut the trim a bit to make it look clean. The jack is out of the way and doesn’t interfere with my hoist when removing the hardtop. If you’re wondering, it does stay quiet while driving on roadways. I had to put two rubber isolators on the handle and the hi-lift neoprene cover over the mechanism to keep it that way though. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

Yup, that's about what I was thinking of. If you're gonna carry a Hi-Lift, that's probably a better way to do it. Still not for me but clean install. :thumb:

That mount is cool! But maybe not when you are running a fastback like soft top (I dont know the name right now)

Trektop is what I think you're wanting to say. I run one on my JK too and would love to have one on my JL. This setup would not work with one of those.

JTCO

Meme King
If you watch the following video from 3:57 to 4:10, you can see where Eddie mounts his Hi-Lift jack.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you watch the following video from 3:57 to 4:10, you can see where Eddie mounts his Hi-Lift jack.

:cheesy: I literally had to watch and see what the hell you were talking about. Too funny :cheesy: