After market

4wd

Two part question, how is the choice of after market for the JL, is it catching up with JK. Second question, because there are so many things available for Wranglers compared to other vehicles, how does one pace themselves in regards to upgrades?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Two part question, how is the choice of after market for the JL, is it catching up with JK. Second question, because there are so many things available for Wranglers compared to other vehicles, how does one pace themselves in regards to upgrades?

The JL just came out in December and while I'm surprised to see so much available for it already, it's a FAR CRY from what is available for the JK. What I can tell you is that there will be a LOT more stuff available by November and the BEST stuff won't be around until about 5 years from now.

4wd

The JL just came out in December and while I'm surprised to see so much available for it already, it's a FAR CRY from what is available for the JK. What I can tell you is that there will be a LOT more stuff available by November and the BEST stuff won't be around until about 5 years from now.
Interesting, so it sounds like there is a constant flow of stuff that comes out over many years. So if you do not like what is out, just wait a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, so it sounds like there is a constant flow of stuff that comes out over many years. So if you do not like what is out, just wait a bit.

What I can tell you is that I have been doing this for decades and during that time, I spent or wasted a LOT of money running a myriad of lifts, bumpers, rocker guards and what have you. I did this with my JK's and my TJ before that. Yes, new stuff will constantly come out and I can guarantee you that MUCH BETTER stuff will be coming your way if you're willing to wait a bit. Me, I like to run whatever is available and then change them out as the better stuff comes. Of course, I'm not most people.

JLJourney18

What I can tell you is that I have been doing this for decades and during that time, I spent or wasted a LOT of money running a myriad of lifts, bumpers, rocker guards and what have you. I did this with my JK's and my TJ before that. Yes, new stuff will constantly come out and I can guarantee you that MUCH BETTER stuff will be coming your way if you're willing to wait a bit. Me, I like to run whatever is available and then change them out as the better stuff comes. Of course, I'm not most people.

Well said sir, same here [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Deezus

By then we will by driving the JZ.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
By then we will by driving the JZ.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

:cheesy: Not exactly. The Wrangler is a 10 year vehicle. About half way through it, you'll see products that have been developed based on what has proven to work and what has proven not to work.

darrenroos

This might prove to be a bad idea but I got my JL Rubicon as a 4 year low mile lease so that I could get the lowest payments possible and stash away the extra each month for mods in 4 years when I buy back the lease. By then the mods should be pretty good and if by then the 2018 ends up being cursed with 4 years of recalls and the 2022 version is much better, I’m not on the hook to keep the 2018 version. So far though I am LOVING the 2018 and wondering if I should have just gone for the high payment purchase.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This might prove to be a bad idea but I got my JL Rubicon as a 4 year low mile lease so that I could get the lowest payments possible and stash away the extra each month for mods in 4 years when I buy back the lease. By then the mods should be pretty good and if by then the 2018 ends up being cursed with 4 years of recalls and the 2022 version is much better, I’m not on the hook to keep the 2018 version. So far though I am LOVING the 2018 and wondering if I should have just gone for the high payment purchase.

Probably too late to wonder about it now. I think if you're okay driving a stock Jeep for 4 years, you'll have some nice products available to you by then. Me, I like to build up my toys as quickly as I can and make changes along the way :crazyeyes:

darrenroos

Probably too late to wonder about it now. I think if you're okay driving a stock Jeep for 4 years, you'll have some nice products available to you by then. Me, I like to build up my toys as quickly as I can and make changes along the way :crazyeyes:

I hear you...I have already started to wonder what I can get away with changing and then swap back in 4 years if I don’t decide to keep it. The cost savings will give me $14K in 4 years in “Jeep allowance” to play with...which is what, one nice axle?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hear you...I have already started to wonder what I can get away with changing and then swap back in 4 years if I don’t decide to keep it. The cost savings will give me $14K in 4 years in “Jeep allowance” to play with...which is what, one nice axle?

LOL!! Depending on what you're wanting, yeah, that'd be about right. Granted, you may not even need it especially if you stick with 37's or smaller.

Mikeandikes96

I got a 3 year lease but I already plan to buy it out at the end of the lease so I have already changed front bumpers and added a winch. And patiently waiting on EVO to release some parts! The lift will come after I buy the lease out