Schoolbus

MrGiant

Well, I should not have gone to Moab. It was a really bad influence. I have since placed orders to start my build. My Hopes are high, and my wallet is empty. Standby for some heavy updates (finally) over the next couple months. I'll be on 37's soon.

.... at least I'll finally have something other than a CB radio to put in my signature

2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880.
Lol, I can imagine this influence. Modifying a jeep is addictive

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Got some cube lights for low-speed situational awareness. I used the Maximus-3 JL cube light mounts and a pair of Vision X Dura-M460 lights.

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880.

I stole a door-less mirror idea from Google. They look nice and they go on tool-less. Motorcycle bar M8 screw mount, 2" ram clamps, and Adventure mirrors from Double Take.

Looks good. Have you tried out the mirrors with the doors off yet?
So far, just a quick little 2 mile sprint down the interstate at 75 to see if they would hold. Almost no vibration, and they didn't push out of position.

I got my Method Trail Series MR701 wheels back from the sandblaster. I'm painting them (myself) with grey Steel-It. For better or worse, they will definitely be my own handiwork.

I'm not a painter. In fact, I REALLY hate dealing with paint. But I wanted to have my own hands on every phase of this Jeep. It doesn't look perfect, but it won't look any worse when I scratch them and touch them up 😆

....side note: I learned an important lesson about being specific with my expectations. I asked them to mask off the center, thinking just the bore/center cap. But oh well, it set the wheel's appearance apart. And I don't have to worry about any interference with the relatively thick Steel-It in the lug holes.

20190623_102916.jpeg

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I don't really like handling spray paint either. When I do it either comes out superb or terrible. There is no in-between. Those came out pretty good. Looking forward to mounted pics.

I finally got to the last couple wheels. The shop did a shitty job of masking the center on a couple of them, so I'm going to tape them off after the other part cures and repaint the center with black Steel-It.

Can anyone recommend the best diy way to remove the crappy paint Method used? Dremel? Something else?

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.