Rear tail light wiring

cwilliamson914

I just put on a new Dv8 rear bumper with the led lights. Anyone me know which wire in the tail light bundle that is for the backup lights to splice into to hook up the lights. All the lights has is two wires a red and black. I’m assuming black will go to black in the harness but which one will the red go to?? Anyone know. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Lyman

I am not advertising for anybody or anything, but if you go to youtube and type in JCR tire delete there is a video that is 35:42 long and somewhere in there will answer your question. He ties in the license plate light to the 12V that is in the rear tail light.

13_gecko_rubi

I just put on a new Dv8 rear bumper with the led lights. Anyone me know which wire in the tail light bundle that is for the backup lights to splice into to hook up the lights. All the lights has is two wires a red and black. I’m assuming black will go to black in the harness but which one will the red go to?? Anyone know. Thanks

I'd be cautious using the factory wiring to run them in addition to the factory backup lights. Esp if u have LEDs. The wire isnt really sized for that much load. I'd run separate wiring and use a relay triggered by the factory backup lights.

Sent via....

Mikeandikes96

Got any pictures of the DV8 rear bumper?