WAYALIFE JL WRANGLER Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, for those of you who are interested, I just got my first batch of these CB BARS back from powder coat and should have the available for sale very soon. I just need to write instructions for it and with any luck, have an install video done too. Here's another shot of what it looks like installed.

20180811192102-33210aa2-me.jpg

:cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sold! They might be for sale just in time to arrive about when my JLUR is available for pickup. Perfect timing

Awesome! Almost done with my installation write-up of just the CB BAR itself. I was hoping to get wiring done and have an antenna mount available as well but I'll push to get these selling and shipping by tomorrow. :yup:

Waiting patiently...

Cool - should have them in the store tomorrow.

Looks great!

Thanks! I'm hoping it'll be able to help folks who are wanting to run a full size CB like me. :yup:

Looks good!! Can't wait to got one!

Should be able to order one tomorrow :)

I would love to get one of these cb radio mounts

They will be available very soon :yup:

Awesome! Almost done with my installation write-up of just the CB BAR itself. I was hoping to get wiring done and have an antenna mount available as well but I'll push to get these selling and shipping by tomorrow.

Sweet! I was going to buy this mount and the CoolTech antenna kit, but I'll definitely wait and see you what you put out first. Thanks, Eddie. You make this the best Jeep community out there.

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
WTF?!?

I already spend all my time on this forum, now you have me spending all of my money too? :crazyeyes: :D By the way, that Stinger I bought is Kick-Ass.:thumb:

ZomboMeme 13082018162448.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet! I was going to buy this mount and the CoolTech antenna kit, but I'll definitely wait and see you what you put out first. Thanks, Eddie. You make this the best Jeep community out there.

I just looked at the CoolTech mount and I'm not gonna lie, the antenna mount I've been working on looks similar to it. Originally, I was going to do a write-up on how to make your own being that it is pretty easy to make if you have the right tools and I may still do that but, I thought there might be some people who would just assume buy a mount already made. This is a prototype to give you an idea of what it'll look like. Also, I'm hoping to offer it in a powder coated black.

20180813005645-505d1a2a-me.jpg

EDIT : LOL!! I just read the argument Cooltech makes against powder coating.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I do not like the looks of the CoolTech 6 slot JL Wrangler mount... IMO it looks a bit goofy.

I'd have to agree. Also, I don't ever recall having issues with powder coated antenna mounts but I don't claim to be an expert in this area. For all I care, people should get the Cooltech mount if they think it works better. The only thing I was trying to solve was how to mount a full size CB in a JL. That I have done and was just going to offer antenna mounts as a bonus. :yup:

JAGS

Is the tail gate support grounded? I know that was an issue you were looking at.

I might look at this as an option in bare steel. Then I’d color match with some rattle can. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the tail gate support grounded? I know that was an issue you were looking at.

I might look at this as an option in bare steel. Then I’d color match with some rattle can. [emoji106]

Sorry for missing this. Not sure what you mean by "tail gate support". If you mean the Mopar reinforcement kit, I don't think it has any extra grounding on it. I should note that it is powder coated though and so far, I've found that I could hear Tony just fine and from long distances.

Let me know if you ever do want one of these in bare steel as I can make that an option.

JeepFan

The Mopar Tailgate Support does not provide a good ground. I installed a ground strap.Regardless, you should add some type of ground to the antenna base.

20180421_112015.jpg

20180421_112025.jpg