Trade in or wait?

jlcampbell

I'll make this post short so you guys can give me an honest response.

I have a 2016 Ram 1500, lease ends next October (2019).

I can buy out my lease for $2300 which is about 1/2 the cost remaining ($4600 will be payed by next october)

Do I take the hit and trade it in on a new JLUR?

Convince me that trading it in is a stupid idea.. lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I wish I could convince you that taking the hit is a bad idea but being that you're already considering it, it'd be hard not to go through with it now. The only thing I would suggest is that you take a hard look at your finances and make an HONEST determination as to whether or not you can afford to do it.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Definitely assess your own personal financial situation and be sure to not dig a regrettable hole just for instant gratification. Remember it's okay to want. For me the wait makes the gratification that much sweeter.

Jesse_01

I'll make this post short so you guys can give me an honest response.

I have a 2016 Ram 1500, lease ends next October (2019).

I can buy out my lease for $2300 which is about 1/2 the cost remaining ($4600 will be payed by next october)

Do I take the hit and trade it in on a new JLUR?

Convince me that trading it in is a stupid idea.. lol

So for $2300 you can get out of your dodge 1500 & into a new jeep? What color are you getting? Rubicon? When are you getting it?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

jlcampbell

LOL!! I wish I could convince you that taking the hit is a bad idea but being that you're already considering it, it'd be hard not to go through with it now. The only thing I would suggest is that you take a hard look at your finances and make an HONEST determination as to whether or not you can afford to do it.

Wayolife, yea I can afford it; i'm an engineer and make a decent salary. I just hate wasting money you know? I'm not really sure its wasting money though because I would be putting the remaining $2300 towards the vehicle I truly want. Plus, my girlfriend thinks I drive an old man truck. :doh:

So for $2300 you can get out of your dodge 1500 & into a new jeep? What color are you getting? Rubicon? When are you getting it?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Wrong, $2300 gets me outta the truck. I would still need to fork over some cash for the JLUR. I really like the sting gray, rubicon, asap.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

I'm confused.... so you can buy out now for $2300 or wait and pay $4600... So you save $2300 if you buy out now right? Then put the $2300 you saved towards the down on the new Jeep. Waiting also could add more maintenance costs to the truck or the chance of something going wrong with it. You only live once... get the Jeep... plus it seems cheaper.. unless I'm missing something.

13_gecko_rubi

I'm confused.... so you can buy out now for $2300 or wait and pay $4600... So you save $2300 if you buy out now right? Then put the $2300 you saved towards the down on the new Jeep. Waiting also could add more maintenance costs to the truck or the chance of something going wrong with it. You only live once... get the Jeep... plus it seems cheaper.. unless I'm missing something.
I'm guessing he means he has 4600 left in payments on the truck. So by getting out now he will only be paying 2300 of that 4600.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
I don't know much about leases, but are you saying that if you pay 2300 bucks, they'll take the truck back?

And then are you buying the Jeep or leasing it?

TrailHunter

I'm guessing he means he has 4600 left in payments on the truck. So by getting out now he will only be paying 2300 of that 4600.

Sent via....

Right... and if he continues with payments totaling $4600... wouldn’t he still need to pay more on top of that to own the truck? .... I say get rid of it now.

13_gecko_rubi

I don't know much about leases, but are you saying that if you pay 2300 bucks, they'll take the truck back?

And then are you buying the Jeep or leasing it?
Ya that's basically the early termination fee. U pay them 2300 now and give truck back.

Sent via....