JL Wrangler Spottings

Sudz

May have to drop in unexpected when you finally do have one!
just show up with a bottle of AH and you should be good to go
flipoff2_zpsecb726ee.gif

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Kinda sad it looks so much like a jk. I really wanna see what the whole thing looks like tho before I make a full opinion on it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda sad it looks so much like a jk. I really wanna see what the whole thing looks like tho before I make a full opinion on it

The JK was a seller. I'm sure FCA wanted to make sure they could still capitalize on its success. That being said, the more I see glimpses of it, the more I like it.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The JK was a seller. I'm sure FCA wanted to make sure they could still capitalize on its success. That being said, the more I see glimpses of it, the more I like it.

Yea I can totally agree with that. I guess my kinda hope was for something of a more drastic change.

hinrichs

Yea I can totally agree with that. I guess my kinda hope was for something of a more drastic change.

I am with Coz on this one, really hoped for more change but I think either way itll be a great jeep.

I am the same way with seeing it more, I like it more.

Not sure if I missed more discussion about the EVAP, and I dont even know if the new grands have them, but both of my parents jeeps dont have gas caps anymore. Wonder if that will happen on the JL which I think would be really cool.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am the same way with seeing it more, I like it more.

Not sure if I missed more discussion about the EVAP, and I dont even know if the new grands have them, but both of my parents jeeps dont have gas caps anymore. Wonder if that will happen on the JL which I think would be really cool.

Funny, now that you mention it, the Renegade doesn't have a gas cap either. I'll bet you're onto something here.

hinrichs

Funny, now that you mention it, the Renegade doesn't have a gas cap either. I'll bet you're onto something here.

I was so confused when I first saw it...as my mom doesnt pump her gas and I have to do it :cheesy:

I just dont understand how it can seal like a normal gas cap needs to. I have to say tho, I love just being able to open the gas door and go. Mainly due to fighting with my gas cap all the time.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I was so confused when I first saw it...as my mom doesnt pump her gas and I have to do it :cheesy:

I just dont understand how it can seal like a normal gas cap needs to. I have to say tho, I love just being able to open the gas door and go. Mainly due to fighting with my gas cap all the time.

I thought my wife's Renegade was missing the cap, the first time I filled up.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CG07SUT

The cap-less tanks SUCK! My wife's renegade has it and it cannot be filled with a gas can, tried no less than a dozen different funnels and the one supplied by FCA would take an hour and a half to empty a 5 gallon can.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What do you make of the fenders? From the little we've seen, noticing some detailing on the fenders. Just style points?

Me personally, I'm kind of digging the side profile of these. Wonder how hideous the front part with the LED will be.

I think they are just style points but it's a nice change from the plain jane look of the JK. Not too concerned with the front as I'd imagine I'll be hacking the fenders sooner than later and if it's possible, relocating the indicator lights back into the grill.