JL Wrangler Spottings

JTCO

Meme King
I tried doing some brightness enhancements to look in the wheel well. Doesn't show much. But it appears the suspension is just like the JKs.

IMG_3374.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I tried doing some brightness enhancements to look in the wheel well. Doesn't show much. But it appears the suspension is just like the JKs.

Great idea to do this. What I do notice along the frame rail are 2 skid bars. This as opposed to just the one that come on 2012-up JK's with an automatic. The one closer to the b-pillar is probably for the transfer case and like the transmission, designed to help protect the bolt head.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't tell in the first pic. Lightened, wheel is slightly turned to the right. Also, looks like new door handle.

Yeah, the turned wheel probably gave the look of it being further forward.

You'll also notice that unlike the JK, the cowl follows the line of the windshield much like the CJ-TJ was.

JAGS

Yeah, the turned wheel probably gave the look of it being further forward.

You'll also notice that unlike the JK, the cowl follows the line of the windshield much like the CJ-TJ was.

I know a lot of people won't like it, but from a mostly a non-Jeep world, I like the stylistic touches in the vehicle lines. Gives more character than a brick.

So much stamped material, like the cowl line you note. You think any of that is aluminum? There were rumors early on of aluminum doors, etc. Can see why now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know a lot of people won't like it, but from a mostly a non-Jeep world, I like the stylistic touches in the vehicle lines. Gives more character than a brick.

So much stamped material, like the cowl line you note. You think any of that is aluminum? There were rumors early on of aluminum doors, etc. Can see why now.

It's funny because the first time I saw a JK, I was turned off by the plain janeness of it. Body embossing and stylistic touches is something ALL the previous Jeeps had and I'm glad to see Jeep bringing them back.

Regarding aluminum, yes, I wouldn't doubt that a lot of what we're seeing will be made of it.

RMC2

To me, this one looks to have a version of the 10A hood. Looks like plastic vents. That may be the standard hood look for the JL.

In my opinion- the JL is more of a serious refresh versus total change. Or looks like it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Totally agree. More of serious refresh than a reboot which is kind of disappointing but like you, I still like it.