Spare tire bump stops

Bongoray

Hello all,

I mounted new 35" tires and wheels on my JLUR. Now my spare tire doesn't make contact worth the tailgate bump stops. There's about 1.5" of space between the tire and bump stops. Anyone have a solution for this? I saw Eddie drilled through hockey pucks. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Ray

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I highly recommend these...

https://amzn.to/2NEusOd

It's what I have since upgraded to and they do a MUCH better job.

61zB%2BHxGF5L._SL1500_.jpg

iResq

You can use garbage disposal rubber tubing. Fits inside the stock bumper. Cost $5. Can be had at any Lowes or HD.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
You can use garbage disposal rubber tubing. Fits inside the stock bumper. Cost $5. Can be had at any Lowes or HD.

Picture? Maybe grab one from Google if you can. When I Google "garbage disposal rubber tubing" I come up with all sorts of stuff, but can't really figure what would work.

Oliver

Thanks

I see now. Thanks.

Took care of this yesterday.
I also grabbed a piece of 1/2" black PVC to put inside the hose for added stability, made it about 1/4" shorter than end of hose to allow for absorption.
Overall it may have actually been a hair longer than the hose as it seated deeper in the bump stop.

Thanks for the information Doubletapdaddy! Sounds like you're into shooting as well. I'm a firearms instructor. :eek: