Options that are delaying orders

So here's a weird request. I need to get a list of options that are causing orders to be delayed. I, personally, do not want bsg and I would like to avoid potential price increases on the 19's. I just heard today that orders are closing in a couple weeks, but I wasn't planning on making a move til closer to the end of the year. My tentative plan is placing an order with an option or two that are known to be responsible for delays.

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

So here's a weird request. I need to get a list of options that are causing orders to be delayed. I, personally, do not want bsg and I would like to avoid potential price increases on the 19's. I just heard today that orders are closing in a couple weeks, but I wasn't planning on making a move til closer to the end of the year. My tentative plan is placing an order with an option or two that are known to be responsible for delays.

They arent closing in a couple weeks. You still have some time but not a super long time...

As far as options causing delays, sold orders still go fairly quickly regardless. I've had several folks here locally get theirs in less than a month from order. Now we are lucky because we live less than 90 miles from the plant.

Things that can delay it some on a custom order (we are talking a week or two, not months):

- Rubicons in general
- LED headlamps
- Leather
- Steel bumpers

NONE OF THESE THINGS ARE ON BACKORDER like people like to say. They are just running MUCH higher than planned so there are more orders than parts. Sold orders take priority.

The things that can delay it much longer are really only two things...

- 2 doors - the longer wait is due to the months of early orders being caught up. They are rolling through good now but still catching up on the backlog.

- 2l turbo engine. None have been shipped yet.

One other thing that has been causing delays is transport to the west coast. There has been a shortage of rail cars for months now. There are tens of thousands of vehicles from all manufacturers sitting in storage yards in the greater detroit areas waiting for rail cars. Most are using trucks as a stop gap but it isnt nearly as efficient.

What exactly are you wanting to order and where are you located?

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

I am tentatively planning on ordering a 2 door Rubicon with manual transmission, premium soft top, tow and hd electrical, and proximity entry. I am in Denver, CO.

People still order manuals? Lol j/k. I dont see anything there that would delay anything in a major fashion. It might even go fairly quick as it is actually difficult to get enough manual orders.

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

Haha. Well, my wife does keep reminding me that I'm not very smart.

The two vehicles I had when I bought my JK were both manuals... an RS4 and an S2K. 9000 rpm redlines, track prepped, short throw shifters, etc. One test drive with the tractor trans in the jeep and it was auto for sure. I do like the JL shifter better but for what I do I'd never even consider a manual jeep. But if you like rowing gears (and rowing is accurate in a jeep) go for it!!

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
The two vehicles I had when I bought my JK were both manuals... an RS4 and an S2K. 9000 rpm redlines, track prepped, short throw shifters, etc. One test drive with the tractor trans in the jeep and it was auto for sure. I do like the JL shifter better but for what I do I'd never even consider a manual jeep. But if you like rowing gears (and rowing is accurate in a jeep) go for it!!

Sent via....

What's the deal on the 2.0T ? That's what I'll likely be getting. Aren't you driving one? Why the delay?

13_gecko_rubi

What's the deal on the 2.0T ? That's what I'll likely be getting. Aren't you driving one? Why the delay?
I had one all week in moab yes. I love it. Just making sure everything is perfect before launching it. You only get one chance to launch an all new powertrain and make sure its flawless.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
I had one all week in moab yes. I love it. Just making sure everything is perfect before launching it. You only get one chance to launch an all new powertrain and make sure its flawless.

Sent via....

Any concerns that you personally had? And what's your gut feeling with 35s or 37s on a 4 cylinder?

13_gecko_rubi

Any concerns that you personally had? And what's your gut feeling with 35s or 37s on a 4 cylinder?
Not really. I am thouroughly impressed with it. I was a huge naysayer at the idea when it was happening. But the first one I wheeled almost 2.5 years ago now in Arizona I started to change mind. Then once the production ready version was done i was really impressed. I think with larger tires it will do as good as if not better than the 3.6. The torque comes in much lower on the 2T. It's really fun to drive.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
Not really. I am thouroughly impressed with it. I was a huge naysayer at the idea when it was happening. But the first one I wheeled almost 2.5 years ago now in Arizona I started to change mind. Then once the production ready version was done i was really impressed. I think with larger tires it will do as good as if not better than the 3.6. The torque comes in much lower on the 2T. It's really fun to drive.

Sent via....

Good input. I'm looking forward to it.

hins2jw0

Sent via....
I like what you are saying... The few reviews so far have been very promising, hence me ordering it without test driving one. I guess we will all see how long it takes for them to deliver on the engine. Hopefully no major hiccups.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

13_gecko_rubi

I like what you are saying... The few reviews so far have been very promising, hence me ordering it without test driving one. I guess we will all see how long it takes for them to deliver on the engine. Hopefully no major hiccups.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I haven't had anyone who has driven one not like it. Not a huge population but I was trying to get as many people behind wheel as I could. All the media have said good things too. Only time will tell. I chose the 3.6 only because it's being swapped within months and will be far easier to swap out.

Sent via....

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Maybe you could ask your dealership to place it as a "Stock Order" rather than a "Sold Order", which will change the build priority.

13_gecko_rubi

That might certainly do the trick... just for precaution's sake, could there be any issue with my specific stock order running into an allocation shortage or any other issues that cause it to get cancelled?

Most dealers have already ordered all their stock orders for the month. Many are also resistant to place a custom order as a stock order because it isnt what they typically order and if u walk they have an oddball they have to sell. Can definitely see it being an issue ordering a manual.

Sent via....

Rubiconchris

No wonder I've been waiting so long for my 2 door Rubi. I ordered everything on the list that cause delays. And I was told the premium soft top was slowing it down already. Ordered 4-14. It's got show up eventually. And yes it's a 6 spd as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

No wonder I've been waiting so long for my 2 door Rubi. I ordered everything on the list that cause delays. And I was told the premium soft top was slowing it down already. Ordered 4-14. It's got show up eventually. And yes it's a 6 spd as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Your issue is mainly 2 door. By 4-14 there were several thousand 2 door orders ahead of you.

Sent via....