ProRock 60's JL?

Lyman

So about a month ago I bought a JL Wrangler Sport. The reason for going the sport route is I wanted to upgrade the axles(bigger then Rubicon axles). I had my eyes set on the serious set and
at the time the Dynatrac website had them for sale. I later found this was a mistake and the axles were not available. Since then I have decided I really want the ProRock 60's.
So I have some questions that I hope you can answer for me.

1. Do you know when the ProRock 60's will be available for the JL? Any info would be great. If I cant give a day a month, quarter, or year would be great.
To put a different way will I be able to have ProRocks under my Jeep by EJS in 2019?
2. Assuming ProRocks will be available will they be a complete assembly's, including brakes?
3. Will they be available with 5x5.5bolt pattern full float?
4. While I am asking do you plan to have a Serious Set available for the JL as well?

Thanks for any input you can give me so I can plan my build.

Steve

13_gecko_rubi

So about a month ago I bought a JL Wrangler Sport. The reason for going the sport route is I wanted to upgrade the axles(bigger then Rubicon axles). I had my eyes set on the serious set and
at the time the Dynatrac website had them for sale. I later found this was a mistake and the axles were not available. Since then I have decided I really want the ProRock 60's.

1. Do you know when the ProRock 60's will be available for the JL? Any info would be great. If I cant give a day a month, quarter, or year would be great.
To put a different way will I be able to have ProRocks under my Jeep by EJS in 2019?
2. Assuming ProRocks will be available will they be a complete assembly's, including brakes?
4. While I am asking do you plan to have a Serious Set available for the JL as well?

Steve

Call Dynatrac. They had some of the sets on ones in Moab this year. I know they figured out how to modify their jk design to make them work. Probably working on making changes to allow easier manufacturing for them to be able to support both. A quick call and you’ll get exactly what you need. I have bought both my sets of dynatracs directly through them.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Lyman

So I did call about a month ago and that is how I found out about the Serious Set not being available. I know they have the Elite and Hard Core Plus Sets available. I am interested in the Hard Core ProRock Set. When I did call them lets just say they were not very forth coming. I was hoping maybe somebody here may have some insight. I know I was taking a stab in the dark asking here. I am just really excited about getting the project going since I now have the Jeep and the Axles I want are not available. Riding around on 245 tires just doesn't feel right.

I was hoping to have them in for hunting season in October, but I may just have to hope they are out in time for EJS next year.

Steve

13_gecko_rubi

So I did call about a month ago and that is how I found out about the Serious Set not being available. I know they have the Elite and Hard Core Plus Sets available. I am interested in the Hard Core ProRock Set. When I did call them lets just say they were not very forth coming. I was hoping maybe somebody here may have some insight. I know I was taking a stab in the dark asking here. I am just really excited about getting the project going since I now have the Jeep and the Axles I want are not available. Riding around on 245 tires just doesn't feel right.

I was hoping to have them in for hunting season in October, but I may just have to hope they are out in time for EJS next year.

Steve
Sorry I didnt realize which set you wanted. The serious set I bet takes longer. They have to not only make a new ebrake plate, change the width, tool up all new shafts, change the knuckles on front most likely, etc.

Which rear axle did you get in your Sport? The base one or the upgraded one that comes with the lsd? I'm guessing base one.

Sent via....

Lyman

Ya I have the wimpy axle in the back. I figured the Serious set would take some time, but was hoping the ProRock 60's would be out soon as I cant imagine there is that much that needs to be done differently then the XD60's, but there may be things that take time I dont know about.

I would put the lift and tires on now and wait for the axles, but the lug pattern will be different so until I get the axles ordered and know what bolt pattern I will be running I have to wait.

Steve

Dynatrac

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter

Steve

We’ve had JL Elite axle solutions in the field since just prior to EJS2018. These were considered Beta test versions. We’ve been evaluating overall fitment, braking, steering, ABS/ESP, and suspension integration. I’m happy to report that all tests are doing extremely well, and we are proceeding with multiple axle solutions for the JL.

You can check out the current Dynatrac axle packages for JK we have here: https://www.dynatrac.com/axle-assemblies/jeep-jk-wrangler/dynatrac-axle-sets-for-jeep-jk.html. This will give you an idea of what each axle package is like and the current JK pricing. JL versions will be similar.

Elite ProRock XD60/80 and Hard Core Plus ProRock XD60/XD60 sets will be the first out. This decision was made because all the early requests we had were for big JL builds. Lots of folks are planning to take advantage of the new larger JL wheel openings, and Rubicon fenders to run 40’s with lower body heights.

Final release is very close: we expect to offer them within the next 45-60 days. We already have pre-orders, so we will start filling pre-orders once the test is complete, and we have parts on hand. Of course we will provide Wayalife members with updates as we complete our progress. If you would like to place a pre-order, you can do that now.

Just like our Elite and Hard Core Plus packages for JK, the JL versions will come complete with brakes and fully assembled. The rear axles will be full-floating and the fronts will use locking hubs. They will have 8 on 6.5 wheel bolt patterns. The JL is the same wheel pattern as JK (5 on 5.0), but the JL requires large stud holes. The 5 on 5.5 (CJ and F150) wheel patterns are fading in popularity, so take that into account as you decide on wheels. I recommend buying wheels after you decide on axles, not the other way around.

Serious Performance packages will also be available for the JL, but at a later date. The new JL wheel end required new tooling and new forgings, among other changes. US made forgings are a long lead item, but the forgings are coming along extremely well, and will arrive soon.

The beneficial features in our Hard Core Plus package has become much more well known, and we are happy that orders for the Hard Core Plus are surpassing the standard Hard Core package for JKs. However we are confident about offering the lower cost Hard Core version for the JL eventually.

It is possible that we’ll have all these in time for the October hunting season. We’ll keep in touch with the forum.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Glad to here the tests are going so well dynatrac! Thanks for being very proactive about getting these sets tested and out on the market as fast as you can for people!