2.5" or 3.5" for 37s

NFRs2000NYC

:cheesy: So much truth!

What I'm saying is that bone stock, the JL Wrangler rides and feels outstanding - way nicer than the JK ever did stock. With coil spacers and bigger tires, my ride is just okay. I should also note that with the added weight of a heavy steel bumper and winch, I now only have about 1.5" of lift and with a heavy 37" spare mounted on a heavy bead lock wheel, I only have about 2" of lift. That too has changed the quality of my ride. Change out my shocks to the Rancho's has helped but I can assure you that the Mopar 2" lift rides way nicer. I have tested out other coil and shock setups and have found them to ride much nicer too.

Sorry Eddie, that post was a followup joke to gecko's driver comment...a play on it's not the size but how you use it. Should have quoted his post to make it more apparent. Having said that, I do appreciate the explanation none-the-less. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Eddie, that post was a followup joke to gecko's driver comment...a play on it's not the size but how you use it. Should have quoted his post to make it more apparent. Having said that, I do appreciate the explanation none-the-less. :thumb:

:cheesy: even funnier :D

13_gecko_rubi

:cheesy: So much truth!

What I'm saying is that bone stock, the JL Wrangler rides and feels outstanding - way nicer than the JK ever did stock. With coil spacers and bigger tires, my ride is just okay. I should also note that with the added weight of a heavy steel bumper and winch, I now only have about 1.5" of lift and with a heavy 37" spare mounted on a heavy bead lock wheel, I only have about 2" of lift. That too has changed the quality of my ride. Change out my shocks to the Rancho's has helped but I can assure you that the Mopar 2" lift rides way nicer. I have tested out other coil and shock setups and have found them to ride much nicer too.
I was just teasing :) with all your extra aprung weight you definitely need stiffer coil rate and the unsprung weight definitely is maxing out those shocks. Time for 5 tube bypasses.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was just teasing :) with all your extra aprung weight you definitely need stiffer coil rate and the unsprung weight definitely is maxing out those shocks. Time for 5 tube bypasses.

Sent via....

Yeah yeah, sure you were. :rolleyes2: :crazyeyes: :D

tobyw

I'll chime in with my experience after just running the Rubicon last weekend in our JLU-R on a 2.5" spacer lift and 37" BFG KO2's... Without question I would have preferred to have had a 3.5" lift. The breakover angle was a huge impairment on several obstacles, and my group also included a pair of JKU-R's that were both setup with 4" lifts and were able to clear many of the same obstacles without issue. We were all loaded for bear, as the overall trip for us from Washington was 6+ days, so there was admittedly some spring squat involved, but overall I honestly would have given one of my children to not have to hear that awful sound of dragging frame on granite :icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll chime in with my experience after just running the Rubicon last weekend in our JLU-R on a 2.5" spacer lift and 37" BFG KO2's... Without question I would have preferred to have had a 3.5" lift. The breakover angle was a huge impairment on several obstacles, and my group also included a pair of JKU-R's that were both setup with 4" lifts and were able to clear many of the same obstacles without issue. We were all loaded for bear, as the overall trip for us from Washington was 6+ days, so there was admittedly some spring squat involved, but overall I honestly would have given one of my children to not have to hear that awful sound of dragging frame on granite :icon_crazy:

Fully loaded, I only have 1/2" of lift in the rear on my JLUR. Breakover angles suffer quite a bit when you have so little actual lift.

artcicfox

I recently just got the fox 2.0s for the JL and those paired with the evo 2.5” coils rides so much nicer then stock shocks and spacers. That being said I’m only running 35” tires at the moment but the ride has improved dramatically !!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

arcticaaron

Ok 3.5” Evo stage 2 w/coils on order. Will let you guys guys know our initial impressions once I install it. Will be nice to work on a brand new rig for a change vs the 21 year old FZJ80.