Moab in October via the Rimrocker Trail

A few buddies and I are heading out to Moab in October! We're going first to Montrose, CO, then going the rest of the way to Moab on the Rimrocker trail. It is said to be 162 miles long, if not taking any of the optional routes. It should be a blast. Right now we've got my two Jeeps (JK and JL), and four friends with JK's going. A couple other guys are possibly going to meet up with us in CO on the way. We're leaving from Indiana on the afternoon of October 18. We'll be trying to make Selena, KS or thereabouts, on that first night, then Montrose the next day.

Has anyone done the Rimrocker? I know it is mild from a difficulty standpoint, but roughly how long would it take to go the length of it, including some stops for lunch and gawking at Scenery? I've heard it is a beautiful trail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't had a chance to run it yet but from what I understand, it can take about 9 hours. Be sure to take and post up tons of pics :yup:

Haven't had a chance to run it yet but from what I understand, it can take about 9 hours. Be sure to take and post up tons of pics :yup:

Sure will! We'll likely have a drone and will get some breathtaking photos and video in 4k. I'll also have a 360 degree camera, as well as my daughter's Cannon DSLR, so we should get some good stuff. Nobody seems to have a good Youtube video of that trail, either, at least with Jeeps.

BillArnett

Sure will! We'll likely have a drone and will get some breathtaking photos and video in 4k. I'll also have a 360 degree camera, as well as my daughter's Cannon DSLR, so we should get some good stuff. Nobody seems to have a good Youtube video of that trail, either, at least with Jeeps.

I'm eagerly awaiting your report. From what little I could find on the Web the eastern half of the trail is pretty but just 2wd. And the last bit on the western side is horribly bumpy and slow but not at all challenging for a Jeep. But I'm not sure I trust everything I read on the Web :)