LED fog lights

JLJourney18

I've been looking at front bumpers and came across something last night. One brand stated that the LED fog lights from the plastic bumper will work on the aftermarket bumper but not the ones from the factory steel bumper. Is there really a difference? I watched Eddie's video of his bumper install and he wasn't able to use his factory fogs from the steel bumper

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking at front bumpers and came across something last night. One brand stated that the LED fog lights from the plastic bumper will work on the aftermarket bumper but not the ones from the factory steel bumper. Is there really a difference? I watched Eddie's video of his bumper install and he wasn't able to use his factory fogs from the steel bumper

There is a difference between the 2 bumpers. You cannot use LED fogs from a steel bumper as they are totally different. The ones from the standard plastic bumper will work.

BillArnett

There is a difference between the 2 bumpers. You cannot use LED fogs from a steel bumper as they are totally different. The ones from the standard plastic bumper will work.

You MAY be able to use the fogs from the steel bumper with the LOD bumper.

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...pers/2018-jeep-jl-destroyer-front-bumper.html

It comes with a pair of brackets that MAY be for that purpose: See

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...Zeon-10s-Install&p=16448&viewfull=1#post16448

Might be a good idea to call them and ask for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

NFRs2000NYC

The morimoto LED fogs are available for the JK, an those are the ones (I believe) that fit the LOD bumpers and other brands that didn't create a new mounting system for the JL LED fogs. They are fairly reasonably priced. Im running them on my wife's 2017 RDX.....same fogs, different mount.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
We've come across two styles of LED fog lights on the JL. The LED's that are included with the plastic bumper will fit the LOD bumpers without any modification or brackets. The LED's that are included with the steel bumper will fit the LOD bumpers but require additional mounting bracket and slight modification to the plastic of the LED housing.

BillArnett

We've come across two styles of LED fog lights on the JL. The LED's that are included with the plastic bumper will fit the LOD bumpers without any modification or brackets. The LED's that are included with the steel bumper will fit the LOD bumpers but require additional mounting bracket and slight modification to the plastic of the LED housing.

So, just to confirm, that really is what those brackets that came with my Destroyer bumper are for?

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Our front bumpers include an additional bracket for mounting the halogen fog light from the OEM plastic bumper. LED fog lights from your plastic bumper will mount right up without the need for the included bracket. However if you are trying to install the LED fog lights from the OEM steel bumper, we have a mounting kit which is sold separately.

OEM Halogen - Fits (with included bracket)
OEM LED (from plastic bumper) - Fits (bracket not needed)
OEM LED (from steel bumper) - Fits (must purchase additional bracket)

Hope this helps.

BillArnett

Our front bumpers include an additional bracket for mounting the halogen fog light from the OEM plastic bumper. LED fog lights from your plastic bumper will mount right up without the need for the included bracket. However if you are trying to install the LED fog lights from the OEM steel bumper, we have a mounting kit which is sold separately.

OEM Halogen - Fits (with included bracket)
OEM LED (from plastic bumper) - Fits (bracket not needed)
OEM LED (from steel bumper) - Fits (must purchase additional bracket)

Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks