Upper switch bank completely inoperative for up to 25 seconds when engine is started.

JeepFan

Complaint: When the engine is started, all switches in the upper switch bank are inoperative for 20-25 seconds. Problem is intermittent but happens frequently.

Cause: Faulty switch assembly.

Correction: R&R switch assembly.

My JL spent 10 days at the dealer service department for this issue. Five days to diagnose, five days waiting for the special ordered switch assembly, five minutes to replace the switch. :crazyeyes:

20180508_180709.jpeg

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Too many days off the road, however it's nice to hear that the problem was solved. I dread struggling with electrical Gremlins, as they tend to go undiagnosed when the dealership cannot replicate them.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Found it quick?

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

Lol. Time is relative, however my POS Subaru had its engine pulled and replaced at 20,000 miles. Dropped it off at at 7 a.m. and I had it back that afternoon. To be honest though, it wasn't that much more complex than a hamster wheel.

avnmech

Complaint: When the engine is started, all switches in the upper switch bank are inoperative for 20-25 seconds. Problem is intermittent but happens frequently.

Cause: Faulty switch assembly.

Correction: R&R switch assembly.

My JL spent 10 days at the dealer service department for this issue. Five days to diagnose, five days waiting for the special ordered switch assembly, five minutes to replace the switch. :crazyeyes:

View attachment 3187
Do you know what the part number is for the Switch bank, I am need on just like this for a 5" Uconnect to 7" Uconnect upgrade I'm going to be doing in the future. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app