2019 JL Changes

Rampart22

I ask this as the dealer rep is indicating it’s only a 2.0. I’ll be ordering once the list opens. Their (dealer) giving me misleading info. I’m reading on forums and here it’s an 3.0. Do you have intel on the 3.0 release date potential?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Yes, they are not going to release the 2.2 CRD in the US (it sucks.) It will be the same one as they use in the Ram 1500s and the Grand Cherokees. The 2019 is still the figure, but there is debate if it is model year, or calendar year. When the JL was released, it was supposed to be model year 2019, with order banks opening in august for late 3rd quarter delivery, but now the rumor is it is 2019 CALENDAR year. Im ok with my 2014 JKUR so I can wait, but I understand the frustration of those that are sans Jeep.

13_gecko_rubi

Yes, they are not going to release the 2.2 CRD in the US (it sucks.) It will be the same one as they use in the Ram 1500s and the Grand Cherokees. The 2019 is still the figure, but there is debate if it is model year, or calendar year. When the JL was released, it was supposed to be model year 2019, with order banks opening in august for late 3rd quarter delivery, but now the rumor is it is 2019 CALENDAR year. Im ok with my 2014 JKUR so I can wait, but I understand the frustration of those that are sans Jeep.
It has ALWAYS been calendar year. I was sitting there when they announced it and they were very clear. One of the media even asked for clarification that was given when asked.

Sent via....

wibornz

October 1st is the first day you can order a 2019? This is what the local dealer are saying. I will be at the Jeep Jamboree in Toledo Ohio on 8/11/18. There should be information to had there with the Jeep factory being local as well.

13_gecko_rubi

October 1st is the first day you can order a 2019? This is what the local dealer are saying. I will be at the Jeep Jamboree in Toledo Ohio on 8/11/18. There should be information to had there with the Jeep factory being local as well.
I doubt you will get any more info there unless it is made public before then. They "dont discuss future products / actions" The guy who will be at the booth is kind of a character though so stop and say hi :)

That said October 1st seems a tad late to me.

Sent via....

aug0211

I doubt you will get any more info there unless it is made public before then. They "dont discuss future products / actions" The guy who will be at the booth is kind of a character though so stop and say hi :)

That said October 1st seems a tad late to me.

Sent via....

Getting antsy for 19s. My original (Sahara) 2.0 order is at the dealership finally. I upgraded to a Rubicon though, and that one hasn’t arrived, yet.

I did discuss waiting for 2019, though, when I heard that ACC is likely coming. Can’t wait to hear more about 19s - features, changes, dates... anything :)

4wd

Getting antsy for 19s. My original (Sahara) 2.0 order is at the dealership finally. I upgraded to a Rubicon though, and that one hasn’t arrived, yet.

I did discuss waiting for 2019, though, when I heard that ACC is likely coming. Can’t wait to hear more about 19s - features, changes, dates... anything :)

What is ACC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ddays v2

I just got a call....said I can order a my 19 now. Will be Wednesday before I can go make the deal. Ill post if I get it done.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hmmm. I did a test drive Saturday and was told that Jeep wasn't taking orders for 19's until November. They still have to order 18's until then. Are you sure the dealer can actually order and not hold your money til then? Did he quote a delivery/lead time?

Jetboy

Lol sounds like he has a lot of 18s to sell.lol
I’ll know for sure tomorrow. They said they had told me Jeep will not tell them the date so they keep selling 18s. I’ve been waiting for about 3 weeks for this call. But I’ll know tomorrow.

No they aren’t holding money. We were waiting on the order computer to truly order the Jeep.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited: