2019 JL Changes

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The were only two Nacho Rubicons made for US market. Both are owned by Jeep and used at Camp Jeep events at auto shows.

Wow, that's some pretty cool trivia right there. What becomes of the Auto Show vehicles such as the Nacho Rubies and the Mopar Accessory Mojito? Are they scrapped, do they end up in someone's garage? Are they retired to a warehouse of Jeep one-offs and rarities? I remember one Eddie's Moab videos where they spotted a bunch of former EJS vehicles on the trail.

13_gecko_rubi

Wow, that's some pretty cool trivia right there. What becomes of the Auto Show vehicles such as the Nacho Rubies and the Mopar Accessory Mojito? Are they scrapped, do they end up in someone's garage? Are they retired to a warehouse of Jeep one-offs and rarities? I remember one Eddie's Moab videos where they spotted a bunch of former EJS vehicles on the trail.
EJS concepts, at least the cool ones, all get kept and are sitting in a warehouse in Detroit along with many other classic mopars...

Auto show vehicles, provided they are production vehicles not prototypes, get sold at auction as used vehicles.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EJS concepts, at least the cool ones, all get kept and are sitting in a warehouse in Detroit along with many other classic mopars...

Auto show vehicles, provided they are production vehicles not prototypes, get sold at auction as used vehicles.

Sent via....

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that so many of the concept Jeeps haven't been crushed yet. :crazyeyes:

aug0211

Anyone hearing anything on 2019s? Thinking of telling my dealer to keep my $500 deposit for my 2018 turbo order (March 7), but cancel it and place a 2019, instead.

At this point, it’s probably only a 2-3 month wait for me to go from a 2018 to a 2019 (Jeep is saying late July builds for turbos).

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
FWIW, I read on the interwebs today that for 2019 the Advanced Safety Group package will include Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning, and that there will be a new color calked Bikini.

So there you go.

NFRs2000NYC

FWIW, I read on the interwebs today that for 2019 the Advanced Safety Group package will include Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning, and that there will be a new color calked Bikini.

So there you go.

Highly doubt that. There was a reason why they didn’t include that on the JL.

13_gecko_rubi

I would like to hear the source about the new color. Other than hearsay, I can't find any semi-official "announcement" that indicates this is true

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Thursday was the "what's new for 19" media event for FCA. The journalists are all embargoed until Sept but guessing that's where some of the leaks are coming from. I cannot confirm or deny anything though :)

Sent via....

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I would like to hear the source about the new color. Other than hearsay, I can't find any semi-official "announcement" that indicates this is true

I already gave you my source... the interweb, AKA internet, infobahn, information superhighway, World Wide Web, cyberspace. Who gives a fat rat's ass about a source for a color named "bikini". Let's just consider it fun speculation.