2019 JL Changes

aug0211

Thursday was the "what's new for 19" media event for FCA. The journalists are all embargoed until Sept but guessing that's where some of the leaks are coming from. I cannot confirm or deny anything though :)

Sent via....

Haha torture :)

If ACC and ventilated seats are my top two wish-list items... and I’ve been waiting on my turbo order for over 100 days already... would you recommend that I get the ‘18 as soon as I can? Or worth waiting the extra 2-3 months to see what 2019s might bring? I understand ventilated seats probably won’t be an option, but ACC would be huge for me.

I’m curious about your view - not even necessarily based on hard intel you have (but can’t share obviously) on 2019s... maybe just from your experience/knowledge over the years.

I understand if you can’t answer that. I’ve just been trying to figure this out for a bit now and the closer we get to 2019, the more I want to wait... but I also don’t want to lose my current deal and trade value (and wait 3 months) if 2019 is a rerun of 2018s (which would be totally understandable) - so, I figure why not ask :)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

I can't answer definitively, but I remember people asking about the radar cruise and accident avoidance on the JL, and I believe I heard them say that it wasn't possible to fit the large sensor onto the wrangler.

ubbb69

I can't answer definitively, but I remember people asking about the radar cruise and accident avoidance on the JL, and I believe I heard them say that it wasn't possible to fit the large sensor onto the wrangler.

Weird thing about electronics. They get smaller and cheaper every year!

v8260z@gmail.com

Forward sensors are not that large and could fit easily. I think the problem would arise from lifting the jeep or changing the bumpers. They need to be aligned precisely to function

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if it's true or not or what color it'll actually be but I got word from longarmwj that a new color called Bikini will be added for 2019. Not sure what that'll be but his manager is speculating that it might be similar to the Chief or a very light pastel green or yellow.

I was also told that 2019 will also offer the Active Safety Group. Adaptive Cruise Control will be an option as well but it isn’t confirmed (or denied for that matter) that other features such as automatic high beams, active lane assist, and automatic wipers will be a part of that group.

JTCO

Meme King
I don't know if it's true or not or what color it'll actually be but I got word from longarmwj that a new color called Bikini will be added for 2019....

The work 'Bikini' always peaks my interest. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

NFRs2000NYC

Meh, those sensors work great on my 2014 GC with quadra-lift (raises suspension over 4” maximum, or 3.1” of drivable heights).

That sensor, the big eye on your lower grill (I have a GC summit as well) is a calibrated tool....it would be a liability for Jeep to put one on the JL, because people always change their bumpers, ride heights, etc, which can make the system not function properly. Now, if they changed the system to something that is say, cameras near the rearview mirror, then it would probably be ok, although again, mods like a stinger, which places an object into its field of view could also throw it off. What I am noticing, is that all the electronic nannies are making modification to the JL way more difficult, like large tires on the tailgate tripping the parking sensors, etc, so for those that are looking to run a stock rig, those options can be awesome. For those that are looking to modify however, it seems that all these sensors are going to pose a hell of a challenge with part compatibility, so it's definitely something to think about.

aug0211

That sensor, the big eye on your lower grill (I have a GC summit as well) is a calibrated tool....it would be a liability for Jeep to put one on the JL, because people always change their bumpers, ride heights, etc, which can make the system not function properly. Now, if they changed the system to something that is say, cameras near the rearview mirror, then it would probably be ok, although again, mods like a stinger, which places an object into its field of view could also throw it off. What I am noticing, is that all the electronic nannies are making modification to the JL way more difficult, like large tires on the tailgate tripping the parking sensors, etc, so for those that are looking to run a stock rig, those options can be awesome. For those that are looking to modify however, it seems that all these sensors are going to pose a hell of a challenge with part compatibility, so it's definitely something to think about.

Right, early spy shots had the sensor up near the rear view mirror, I believe. Agree a bumper mount would not make sense. I’m sure they know enough not to do that. Or at least I hope so!

I officially canceled my 2018 order today. I’m a 2019er (after 118 days of waiting on my 18).

Zevulin

Chopper

agreed

Edit - You know, I have to be honest in that my perception of matte paint is purely anecdotal. However so is my perception of many things that I avoid, such as balance beads, Nano ceramic paint coatings and crack whores.

Yeah I tend to follow one very important rule in all facets of my life:

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see.... matte paint gets a clear coat, it’s just a matte clear coat. In addition, there are protectants specifically for matte paint. I don’t see how there would be any difference unless it was the porous bedliner stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Matte is just a luster on top of the Paint