2019 JL Changes

Richtor

They just spent billions launching the JL. Do you really think much is going to change less than a year after launch?

Sent via....

There always minor changes and options from year to year. There were changes from the 07 to 08 JK.

Cheap bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

LOL!! Kinda what I was thinking. The JK didn't see an interior refresh for 4 years.

Minor changes in options does mean a new dash/interior or drive train. Haha

I'm just hoping for a couple colors: tan, brown, or a green like od/sage/forest

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I would like to see F8 Green they currently have on some of their other vehicles. This color reminds me a lot of Moss Green from the late 90’s.

I started a thread about this possibility a couple days ago. Please combine threads if wanted...

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
There always minor changes and options from year to year. There were changes from the 07 to 08 JK.

Minor changes in options does mean a new dash/interior or drive train. Haha

I would like to see F8 Green they currently have on some of their other vehicles. This color reminds me a lot of Moss Green from the late 90’s.

I started a thread about this possibility a couple days ago. Please combine threads if wanted...

Yeah, if only 13_gecko had a clue what he was talking about.

NFRs2000NYC

I’d say you can expect new colors (FCA likes to do short color runs, seems to keep demand and resale up), some tweaks here and there, but definitely nothing actually new that would be a big deal in any way.....except the diesel power plant (crossing fingers). I’m hearing rumors (love the internet) that the diesel will only have 3.73 as the highest ratio. :(

BillArnett

Rumor has it that in 2020 there will be plug-in hybrid Wrangler. Even if it’s mated to the same old transfer case and live axles it still might be a killer off-roader. Or not. We’ll see...

13_gecko_rubi

I’d say you can expect new colors (FCA likes to do short color runs, seems to keep demand and resale up), some tweaks here and there, but definitely nothing actually new that would be a big deal in any way.....except the diesel power plant (crossing fingers). I’m hearing rumors (love the internet) that the diesel will only have 3.73 as the highest ratio. :(
Just remember the message from Jeep was diesel in 2019 calendar year.

Sent via....

NFRs2000NYC

Just remember the message from Jeep was diesel in 2019 calendar year.

Sent via....

Was it? I thought it was the 2019 model year with order banks supposed to opening in August? Now I know it aint gonna be august, but you think it will be 2019? I mean Im in no rush, as my 14JKUR is just fine, but if it's really not going to come to fruition, then I may have to move on to possibly the 2L.

r75usmc

2019 Colors

I'm really hoping they do finally release Hella Yella as a color for 2019. I get why it never hit for the US on 2018's - they are selling like crazy and adding another color won't help them keep up production. However, if they skipped it altogether, I'll be pretty bummed.

13_gecko_rubi

Was it? I thought it was the 2019 model year with order banks supposed to opening in August? Now I know it aint gonna be august, but you think it will be 2019? I mean Im in no rush, as my 14JKUR is just fine, but if it's really not going to come to fruition, then I may have to move on to possibly the 2L.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl/preview/

"We'll have to wait until 2019 for that oil-burner to arrive." That's what was said at reveal

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

I'm really hoping they do finally release Hella Yella as a color for 2019. I get why it never hit for the US on 2018's - they are selling like crazy and adding another color won't help them keep up production. However, if they skipped it altogether, I'll be pretty bummed.
Hella yella opened for orders last week. You will start seeing them shortly.

Sent via....

NFRs2000NYC

Strange, the timeline I saw said August 2018 for the 2019 year, car and driver also reported it will be the 2019 model year...I guess it doesn't matter, it gets here when it gets here, not like I have a choice. :D

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Pretty seriously considering cancelling my turbo and going for a diesel. Just wish I knew what that premium would look like for the D upgrade.
Once you're that deep, does it really matter? Just make it up with the black flares and black top. Also skip the active safety group, steel bumper group. That should save you some coin.

Last edited:

JLRUBI19

Once you're that deep, does it really matter? Just make it up with the black flares and black top. That should save you some coin.

Agreed... for the amount of torque offered in the diesel not to mention the track record of the engine thus far, I feel as if a few thousand is well worth it. I’m really just crossing my fingers that I can special order it with a manual tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

aug0211

Lol yes, especially since I currently have a turbo. If it’s 2 grand over the turbo with automatic, I’d probably bite. If I can wait that long.

I know many here don’t like it, but I do like the painted top and fenders.

I’ll save the $30 on smoker’s group though, lol.

Last edited: