Jeep Pick-Up Delayed Until 2019

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just read an article in Road & Track written by Chris Perkins and according to it, the all new Jeep JT Pick-Up Truck has been pushed back a bit further and won't be released until 2019. Kind of a bummer but in a lot of ways, I'm kind of glad. Sure would be hard to take on 2 projects at the same time :D

So how about you, what do you think about this delay?

In a 2016 interview with The Detroit News at the Detroit Auto Show, Jeep CEO Mike Manley said that the Wrangler pickup would arrive in late 2017, following the debut of the next-generation JL Wrangler.

Unfortunately, Jeep has since delayed pickup production until late 2019, nearly two years after the next-generation Wrangler is set to arrive. Manley says that he wants to make sure there are no issues with Wrangler SUV production before Jeep starts building the pickup. Both Wrangler models will be built at Jeep's Toledo, Ohio plant, which is undergoing a $700 million upgrade to prepare for the new vehicles.

We should see the Wrangler debut in SUV form later in 2017, but Jeep hasn't announced when the pickup will make its debut.

Read the whole article here:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...we-know/ar-BBCFT9n?li=BBisPVf&ocid=spartandhp

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Damn this is disappointing to read! Oh well it will be nice cause then they can hammer out all the kinks by then

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is disappointing for sure but I've waited this long, so long as it really happens, I can't wait a bit longer.

JAGS

With all the delays it will be interesting to see how much of the JK vs JL will be in the eventual JT.