Ceramic coating

NFRs2000NYC

You mean ceramic wax coatings? 97.56% snakeoil. Ceramic coatings on headers and such is a different story, and that's a legit process. Just wax your jeep with a nice quality synthetic wax, and it will look great for years. If you're lazy, turtle wax ice does a great job and you can be sloppy, because you can use it on plastic trim, keeps it nice and black and UV protected.

JLJourney18

Got a guy locally that does the Opti-coat ceramic coatings for paint protection. Offered in a 3,5, or 7 year warranty. Offers UV protection and a hydrophobic coating to the paint and even wheels if you want it. Bugs, mud, and etc won't stick. Just curious about long term, and any experiences with it IMG_6244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

aug0211

Got a guy locally that does the Opti-coat ceramic coatings for paint protection. Offered in a 3,5, or 7 year warranty. Offers UV protection and a hydrophobic coating to the paint and even wheels if you want it. Bugs, mud, and etc won't stick. Just curious about long term, and any experiences with it View attachment 3166

Curious about this. What’s the cost on a Wrangler?

YAHAHA

We had this done on our last Mustang. Water sheeted right off and bugs and road tar were very easily removed.

A member of our local mustang club does this as a job and he quoted us $300 for the 5-door Jeep. This does not include the top.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

JLJourney18

We had this done on our last Mustang. Water sheeted right off and bugs and road tar were very easily removed.

A member of our local mustang club does this as a job and he quoted us $300 for the 5-door Jeep. This does not include the top.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

We have a guy in Louisiana that owns a very reputable shop. He's on instagram as @louques_exotechs. I need to call him this week. Several buddies of mine have had him do the work and great reviews

NFRs2000NYC

Any decent wax will repel water and bugs, its nothing special. Some waxes are harder, and last longer, and the application of said wax plays a role in it too. A fresh coat of wax will keep mud from sticking, but any of these coatings will be worthless if you mud regularly, get rained on regularly, etc. Just trying to save you some money. I have a friend that has an Audi R8....know what he uses to keep his ride spotless and repel everything under the sun? Lemon pledge. He's been using it on his rides for a decade and swears by it. It also seems to last quite a while. I detailed cars on the side when I was in college, and used basically every type of automotive care product available, including the highly expensive stuff. While there are good and bad waxes, all this ceramic stuff is just powder additives to make the wax a tiny bit harder when it dries. The application makes all the difference. A quality carnuba wax is all you need for a jeep.

Last edited:

BillArnett

What the heck is all this wax talk? Hell my jeep is happy when I actually wash it... twice a year :)

Sent via....

Right!

I usually wash my Jeep when coming home from an off-road trip just to get the dust and mud off the moving parts. Paint is just there to protect the metal. :yup:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Not yet. I'm moving in two weeks and the new place has a 30x40 2nd garage for my jeep. So decided to just slap in the nex axles and run it til then. Then rip it apart again. I mean it needs to get used to it's new home after all... in the garage lmao

Sent via....

Lol nice size garage! I’m in the middle of a move too. Unfortunately just a regular garage but i hate moving. Lol