Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Adding a RAM mount to a JL Wrangler Dash

  1. #31
    Been Around the Block JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickagomez81 View Post
    I would be looking at something like this personally. I like all of the possible mounting points.

    https://vectoroffroad.com/collection...er-e-dock-2018


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    No offense but you’ve got to be fucking kidding me! Besides the design being butt ass ugly, the damn thing is $200 without any mounts.

    No thanks!

    I’ll wait for a sport cage that actually serves a purpose before I’d waste a dime on that. In fact, I would run that if they paid me.

  2. #32
    Been Around the Block JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    492
    This was posted in another thread. If nothing else, it’s relatively affordable. It utilizes the same two dash screws I reference.

    My only thing is whether it can be modified to use the various RAM style mounts for phones and other accessories.

    Doesn’t look too bad either in the photos.

    https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-r...ep-wrangler-jl

  3. #33
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    No offense but you’ve got to be fucking kidding me! Besides the design being butt ass ugly, the damn thing is $200 without any mounts.

    No thanks!

    I’ll wait for a sport cage that actually serves a purpose before I’d waste a dime on that. In fact, I would run that if they paid me.
    Lol, so tell us how you really feel. It was just an option. I don’t personally like stuff mounted to my dash, but i know a lot of the over-landing guys swear by this in the jk’s. And yes it is ugly, but i think the function is there as far as mounting iPads and phones and such.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  4. #34
    Been Around the Block JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickagomez81 View Post
    Lol, so tell us how you really feel. It was just an option. I don’t personally like stuff mounted to my dash, but i know a lot of the over-landing guys swear by this in the jk’s. And yes it is ugly, but i think the function is there as far as mounting iPads and phones and such.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I did. Lol. Guess I just don’t fit the “overlanding” mold then. If you need that much technology to go out in the wilderness, then maybe you are missing the point. Ha ha. I’m they will sell a few.

    I just need something to hold the style CB I have. And maybe my cell. And to do so without spending too much.

  5. #35
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I did. Lol. Guess I just don’t fit the “overlanding” mold then. If you need that much technology to go out in the wilderness, then maybe you are missing the point. Ha ha. I’m they will sell a few.

    I just need something to hold the style CB I have. And maybe my cell. And to do so without spending too much.
    Im 100% with you. I do I.T for a living, when i am out i want nothing but my phone as a camera and my little midland cb.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #36
    I got the one they offered for the TJ it works pretty good and is not hideous..no pictures for the new one


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #37
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5
    Just thought I'd share this as an option. I just did this mod for a cell phone mount and it worked great. It's super solid.


    IMG_20180917_213742.jpgIMG_20180917_213838.jpg

    The RAM ball I used in the grab bar is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    All I did was cut one of the bolts it came with down to about the same length as the one that was in the grab handle (with it inserted into the ball of course) and then opened up the hole in the handle a bit with a 1/4" drill.

    The magnetic mount on the other end of the arm is another concoction. Used a 1/4 20 ram ball and a scoche magnetic mount for air vents I had laying around. Didn't feel like dishing out the cash for an x grip and prefer the magnet mount.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •