Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Adding a RAM mount to a JL Wrangler Dash

  1. #21
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    10

  2. #22
    Knows a Thing or Two JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    532
    Thatís sweet. But $87 plus tax and shipping?? Ouch. I do like the 3m idea and will probably use some 3m double sided mounting tape I have to help secure my RAM base....along with maybe a drop of blue locktite.

    Needless to say, if I can get my base to secure, much cheaper than anything else Iíve seen and mine can be installed on either side.

  3. #23
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    4,744
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Thatís sweet. But $87 plus tax and shipping?? Ouch. I do like the 3m idea and will probably use some 3m double sided mounting tape I have to help secure my RAM base....along with maybe a drop of blue locktite.

    Needless to say, if I can get my base to secure, much cheaper than anything else Iíve seen and mine can be installed on either side.
    Yeah, $87 is a bit much just for a mount. If I did this, I think I'd follow your lead.

  4. #24
    Caught the Bug Shadowfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    94
    I think a mount bar across that section would be easy to do as well, I have the iPad setup and think itís too much weight for the single screw but a bar across the two..Iím gonna look into that


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #25
    Caught the Bug Shadowfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    94
    IMG_0163.JPGmaybe a track setup?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #26
    Knows a Thing or Two JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    I think a mount bar across that section would be easy to do as well, I have the iPad setup and think itís too much weight for the single screw but a bar across the two..Iím gonna look into that


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yup. I would agree. That weight would be too much.

    My solution wonít work for every need, but opens the door for others to experiment. And for hell of a lot cheaper, clearly, than anything being manufactured.

  7. #27
    Caught the Bug Shadowfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    94
    Definitely a great idea the ram mount system is so versatile


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #28
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    228
    I used some tape and a lock washer on ours. I'll put on a little blue locktite today and we should be all good!

    Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #29
    Knows a Thing or Two JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by YAHAHA View Post
    I used some tape and a lock washer on ours. I'll put on a little blue locktite today and we should be all good!

    Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Awesome, glad to hear itís working.

  10. #30
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    15

    Adding a RAM mount to a JL Wrangler Dash

    I would be looking at something like this personally. I like all of the possible mounting points.

    https://vectoroffroad.com/collection...er-e-dock-2018


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •