What's Up with the Interior of the Hardtop?

Iceman47

We absolutely love our new Rubi 2 door. One thing that we absolutely hate is the interior of the hardtop. We have a totally black interior by choice. Then we picked up our Jeep and found that the complete interior of the hardtop is white. Not only is it white, it looks like it is the unfinished surface that comes out of the mold. We are very disappointed in this and it really detracts from the look of the interior. I know, just paint it but why should I have to after paying all that cash for an awesome vehicle. Arrrrgh.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Is this your first Wrangler, or at least your first hardtop Wrangler? One option is to put on your soft top. Personally I like the new textured detail on the interior of the JL hardtop.

BillArnett

If you order the "Hard Top Headliner" then the result is mostly black. And it does some thermal insulation and noise reduction.

RMC2

Jeep hard tops have had a white interior for as long as I remember. And I have an 85 CJ7, that I have had for decades.

As far as the texture, look closer. It is a camoflage pattern. It is all over the JL.

I personally prefer the white interior to the hard top. I hate the black interior. I would have gone grey like my first JK in a heartbeat.

But to each, their own.