My attempt at Being a JL Salesman

TrailHunter

So my wife wants a new ride... she’s currently in a 13 Honda Accord. Its a great vehicle with good mileage. She drives a lot for work being in Sales... and mpg is an issue. But with our boys getting older, she is ready for a slightly larger vehicle that sits higher. To make a short story long.... We finally sat in a JL... Holy Crap is the interior Nice!!! She loved it too.. But I’m having a hard time selling it, being that I’m currently building our JKU... She likes the JLU but she says “We have a Jeep” and it’s a little small... so we test drove a 4 runner and she really likes the size & feel of it.

I’ve tried every sales pitch... Shit, I knew more about the JL than the Real Salesman.. lol. Mileage on both the Yota and the Jeep are the same and not great for her work.... but when stepping up to that size without looking like a soccer mom... the choices are slim. The Cherokee & Compass are a no go... But I’m still trying to push the JL... We’ll see what happens.

Just wanted to share and maybe hear YOUR sales pitch.... I’ll keep you updated.

IMG_8222.jpg

JLSahara

1) unless your toes look that good, you should let the buyer drive the Jeep. It’ll cause her to have an emotional bond and feeling with the vehicle.

2) show her all the custom stuff you can do for her Jeep lol (hide the prices).

3) Jeep girls are obviously much more attractive.

4) from my experience, women, like driving with the top off. Go on a drive with the top off (the car that it is).

Without knowing more about what she’s into or likes, can’t really advice much more. My wife hated the stock look of my JL but loves it a lot more with the new wheels and add-ons. She also loved riding with the panels removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
So my wife wants a new ride... she’s currently in a 13 Honda Accord. Its a great vehicle with good mileage. She drives a lot for work being in Sales... and mpg is an issue. But with our boys getting older, she is ready for a slightly larger vehicle that sits higher. To make a short story long.... We finally sat in a JL... Holy Crap is the interior Nice!!! She loved it too.. But I’m having a hard time selling it, being that I’m currently building our JKU... She likes the JLU but she says “We have a Jeep” and it’s a little small... so we test drove a 4 runner and she really likes the size & feel of it.

I’ve tried every sales pitch... Shit, I knew more about the JL than the Real Salesman.. lol. Mileage on both the Yota and the Jeep are the same and not great for her work.... but when stepping up to that size without looking like a soccer mom... the choices are slim. The Cherokee & Compass are a no go... But I’m still trying to push the JL... We’ll see what happens.

Just wanted to share and maybe hear YOUR sales pitch.... I’ll keep you updated.

Show her a picture of my wife's Jeep and how much fun she's had building it. We get each other Jeep parts for birthdays/Christmas/etc. Win-win.

TrailHunter

1) unless your toes look that good, you should let the buyer drive the Jeep. It’ll cause her to have an emotional bond and feeling with the vehicle.

Lol.. yes those are her Toes.. she sat in the drivers seat... but it was my turn.. She’s driven my JKU... She didn’t want to drive the JL that day... but I’m pushing to go back and have her take it for a spin...

All good points. [emoji1417]

TrailHunter

Show her a picture of my wife's Jeep and how much fun she's had building it. We get each other Jeep parts for birthdays/Christmas/etc. Win-win.

Not a bad idea.... Don’t think she’s into Pink though.. lol. The hardest thing to sell her on is in regards to the amount she drives daily from customer to customer .... and The only Mod I could see is wheels. She doesn’t want to build & wheel in it. (So she says) haha.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
You said the Cherokee and the Compass are a no-go. Did you guys check out the Grand Cherokee? My wife wants to trade in her Infiniti for a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. She wants something suited to Colorado, but doesn't want a Wrangler. She was a motorhead/speed junkie when we met, but is completely turned off by the Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk.

TrailHunter

You said the Cherokee and the Compass are a no-go. Did you guys check out the Grand Cherokee? My wife wants to trade in her Infiniti for a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. She wants something suited to Colorado, but doesn't want a Wrangler. She was a motorhead/speed junkie when we met, but is completely turned off by the Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk.

The Grand feels like too much vehicle to her... She didn’t like the looks of the standard Cherokee and the Compass felt cramped with poor visibility.

BillArnett

If your wife is anything like mine, the more you push for something the less likely it is that she'll agree :yup:

Tellico

My wife daily drives our JL and she loves it. Also tell your wife that you can look at it as an investment if you keep it long enough for your kids to drive one day. There aren’t many vehicles that age as well as the Wrangler and I would expect that at least to one of your boys would appreciate driving a 5-10 year old wrangler. Sell it to your wife that it’s an investment. Your kid’s car will be paid for when they start driving and it’s one they would probably love to have. Then you can tell yourself “it’s for the kids” Every time you make a payment.

Attachments

• 750F2F6B-7672-475C-BA7D-2B35607B8900.jpg
    750F2F6B-7672-475C-BA7D-2B35607B8900.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

TrailHunter

My wife daily drives our JL and she loves it. Also tell your wife that you can look at it as an investment if you keep it long enough for your kids to drive one day. There aren’t many vehicles that age as well as the Wrangler and I would expect that at least to one of your boys would appreciate driving a 5-10 year old wrangler. Sell it to your wife that it’s an investment. Your kid’s car will be paid for when they start driving and it’s one they would probably love to have. Then you can tell yourself “it’s for the kids” Every time you make a payment.

I say the same thing about my JK.. haha... and truly is my intension. [emoji1417] I’ll use that.... I can see it now... in 10 years we’ll have 4 Jeeps. Lol

Mudster

You drive the one with start stop. Was not a fan but test drive made me 2nd guess. If town driving a lot could help with gas mileage.

My wife wants one Drove jk. Then jl. She said jl was so much nicer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YAHAHA

When we decided to move up from a 3-door Jeep to a five-door, I had my wife drive the JK then drive the JL immediately after.

She chose the JL.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Iceman47

We picked our 2 door Rubi up a few days ago. She said Happy Fathers Day. Then she drove it and claimed it as hers. Now I can't get near it. ;) That sucks. If you get one, you'll need to get two. Hahahaha.

TrailHunter

We picked our 2 door Rubi up a few days ago. She said Happy Fathers Day. Then she drove it and claimed it as hers. Now I can't get near it. ;) That sucks. If you get one, you'll need to get two. Hahahaha.

Lol! Happy Wife Happy Life.... I’m good... My JKUR is only a year old and I still get caught at least once a week trying to have Sex with it. A new JL in the driveway though.... 3 way!

Last edited: