Extended Warranty???

4XNAZ

Hello JL owners,

Hopefully I'll be joining the JL ranks within a month and I have a warranty question. Have any of you purchased the Mopar Maximum Care warranty??? And if so, what did it cost you?

When I bought my JKU brand new in 2012, I purchased the extended warranty. Never had a need for it that wasn't already covered under the factory warranty. So would I be throwing money out the door with my JL purchase? I would be going with the proven 3.6 Rubicon, plus with the additional aftermarket mods (lift, tires, etc...), I'm not sure it would be worth purchasing.

Any input would be great to help me either save my money or buy and drive with confidence. Thanks.

NFRs2000NYC

From my personal research, and take it with a grain of salt, those extended warranties, even ones offered by mopar, have an extremely rigorous maintenance schedule, and you MUST stick to it (aka, pay retail for services you can do on your own with ease), not to mention, seemingly tons of carve-outs. People report being denied claims because of mods, etc etc. Now of course, it's how far do you want to push back, do you have a wife that's a lawyer so filing for arbitration to prove your case is free, etc, but overall, it seems to not be worth it. IMHO, the better solution (what I have) is the extended warranty coverage you get through insurance. I pay $11 a month (for now, the costs rise as the age of the vehicle rises) for extended warranty coverage with Geico, until 120,000 miles, but the best part is, I have all my mods insured, so they know I have them and can't play games, nor will they. I would recommend you go through your insurance company for the coverage rather than mopar or any other aftermarket warranty.

4XNAZ

From my personal research, and take it with a grain of salt, those extended warranties, even ones offered by mopar, have an extremely rigorous maintenance schedule, and you MUST stick to it (aka, pay retail for services you can do on your own with ease), not to mention, seemingly tons of carve-outs. People report being denied claims because of mods, etc etc. Now of course, it's how far do you want to push back, do you have a wife that's a lawyer so filing for arbitration to prove your case is free, etc, but overall, it seems to not be worth it. IMHO, the better solution (what I have) is the extended warranty coverage you get through insurance. I pay $11 a month (for now, the costs rise as the age of the vehicle rises) for extended warranty coverage with Geico, until 120,000 miles, but the best part is, I have all my mods insured, so they know I have them and can't play games, nor will they. I would recommend you go through your insurance company for the coverage rather than mopar or any other aftermarket warranty.

At times, my wife can seem like a lawyer and I am always found guilty for some reason. LOL. But I'll look into my auto insurance policy for that kind of coverage. I never even though of that. Thanks.

Eagle1911

I have done this on all my vehicles. Cheaper in the long run and more efficient. Replaced a wire harness on my dually when squirrels ate into the harness.