Question for everyone

4wd

For people who have purchased a JL or have one on order will this Jeep be your Daily Driver? I ask for two reasons, first most important, I want to understand if I get one can I use it as a DD. I did test drive a JKUR awhile back and I was on the fence in terms of it being a DD. Based on what I have seen and read here it seems like the JL might push it over the fence. The second, reason to ask is because if everyone is just using a $50k jeep for fun weekends, i need to find a new better paying job [emoji16].

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would never buy or even build up a Jeep to be a weekend warrior. ALL the Jeeps I've ever had and still have are all daily drivers.

Bodhiavo

I happily drive my JLU every day and a lot of times we choose it over the grand Cherokee we have (although I must admit the Grand Cherokee rides as smooth as butter). That being said I own a Sahara because I do most of my driving on the road and the all-terrains on the Sahara aren’t as big and knobbly as the Rubicon’s.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My 2014 JKUR spend 2 yrs DD + 2 toy. My 2016 JLUR is a toy, although it hasn't shipped yet. Lol.

Edit... As my JK was an excellent DD for a lot of miles, I would not hesitate to DD a Wrangler again. Due to the amount of snow we got our first year in Colorado, I ended up with a cheap daily driver so I would not have pull the mud tires off the jeep. We've never gotten snow like that again:idontknow:

Last edited:

OJK12

I’ve daily driven both of my JK’s and wheeled them on the weekends for 6 years. I think it’s silly to have to trailer your Jeep everywhere you go or have it built in such a way you either can’t drive it or are afraid to cause you may break it. The whole reason we buy Jeeps and not buggies is the joy of driving to the trail having some fun then drive it home. That is what owning a Jeep is all about. For me I try not to over tire my Jeeps, I mean I love the look of a 37 on a JK but a 35 will let you do a lot of trails and not be as hard on stock components although on a JL the 37’s seem to be just fine. I’d rather go down a tire size and be able to wheel like I want than go up a size and have to be cautious about how I use it. I think you will it’s much more gratifying to drive your Jeep all the time rather than just once and a while.

JLJourney18

I have a JLUR that is daily driven, and been on several road trips already. Got to say it rides better than our last jeep and Jeep definitely made some improvements on creature comforts if that's what you are looking for. Best thing I like with daily driving is I'm always ready for a detour if traffic is a problem [emoji1305]

gteod500

My JL is my daily driver, will also be my weekend toy and the wife has insisted I get the "Don't forget you have to drive it to work Monday" sticker for the inside of the windshield...

4wd

I happily drive my JLU every day and a lot of times we choose it over the grand Cherokee we have (although I must admit the Grand Cherokee rides as smooth as butter). That being said I own a Sahara because I do most of my driving on the road and the all-terrains on the Sahara aren’t as big and knobbly as the Rubicon’s.

So i have a Grand Cherokee now, which i would trade in for a JL, since you have both and seem to drive your JL alot, based on your experience, thoughts/comments, beyond what you have stated already?

JTCO

Meme King
For people who have purchased a JL or have one on order will this Jeep be your Daily Driver? I ask for two reasons, first most important, I want to understand if I get one can I use it as a DD. I did test drive a JKUR awhile back and I was on the fence in terms of it being a DD. Based on what I have seen and read here it seems like the JL might push it over the fence. The second, reason to ask is because if everyone is just using a $50k jeep for fun weekends, i need to find a new better paying job [emoji16].

Buy the Jeep and don't look back. If you build it right, you can use it for whatever you want, including a daily driver. As far as a better paying job, stand on the corner with a "Will sell body for Jeep parts" sign, and the funds will come.

Vadik958

This is my first Jeep and it’s a DD and I love it!! My wife loves it and my daughter loves. You get a lot of looks on the road , plus you can’t put a price on the jeep wave!! Drive it again and see for yourself

YAHAHA

Congrats on the new Jeep!

My TJ with the 4.0 was my daily driver until it blew up. It has now been relegated to be a second fun vehicle.

I had a 3-door JKRR as my daily for a couple winter months. When the JLs came out, we decided to switch to the 5-door Jeep.

Our 5-door JLUR is my current daily and I love the improvements they made from the JK.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.