New Recall

Iceman47

Picking mine up new Rubicon tomorrow and will be interesting to see if they are even aware of it. According to the NHTSA the mfg recall number is U62 and the NHTSA number is 18V-332. It has to do with the ECM/PCM software. It "does not remove positive torque requests from the engine controller if the CAN-C bus stops communicating while the cruise control is requesting positive torque." The risk is "If the CAN-C bus stops communicating the cruise control may maintain current vehicle speed or possible accelerate. If the driver does not shift into neutral or apply the brakes to stop the vehicle this condition can cause a vehicle crash without warning." Remedy is a possible software refresh. Doesn't say how many vehicles are impacted.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So the jeep was drive-able even though the tire size was not correct?

Oh yeah, drove fine. I should note that when I put the TAZER JL back in, the tire size was still set to what it was. Not sure if this is because that's just how it works or if it's because I originally had it set by the dealership but, there's that. TPMS had to be reset to what I wanted.

BillArnett

Oh yeah, drove fine. I should note that when I put the TAZER JL back in, the tire size was still set to what it was. Not sure if this is because that's just how it works or if it's because I originally had it set by the dealership but, there's that. TPMS had to be reset to what I wanted.

When I had my JL in to the dealer last week I removed the SGW bypass but I did not “unmarry”. The tech noted a bunch of “codes” but apparently did nothing about them. When I got it back the tire size and TPMS settings were still set to my non-standard values. I have not yet reinstalled the bypass.

I’m scheduled to have the cruise control recall performed next week. I’ll reinstall the bypass afterward.

Rhinebeck01

When I had my JL in to the dealer last week I removed the SGW bypass but I did not “unmarry”. The tech noted a bunch of “codes” but apparently did nothing about them. When I got it back the tire size and TPMS settings were still set to my non-standard values. I have not yet reinstalled the bypass.

I’m scheduled to have the cruise control recall performed next week. I’ll reinstall the bypass afterward.

Curious, WHY would you not unmarry and remove both the TazerJL and the SWG bypass module? You are really leaving yourself wide open for lets call it issues, with the dealership service department / FCA.

Takes but a few minutes to unmarry and remove the hardware.

My 2dr. Jl goes in on Fri. Am for the U62 recall. I will be unmarrying and removing TazerJl and SWG bypass, today, a day ahead of time.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Went in this morning for the U62 recall, PCM flash. Tech had the vehicle for no more then 15 minutes. He drove the JL out of the work bay and came over to me and said geeeeeeeeez, you got one nice Wrangler.. He also said he I did a "PCM Flash" No mention of anything in regard to smelling the odor or footprints of a programmer, etc.. Also, no typed info on printed service report indicating anything programmer trail wise noted.

YES, Yesterday, I unmarried the TazerJL and removed the TazerJL and SWG bypass module in anticipation of the dealership service dept. visit.

Just now reinstalled the TazerJL and the SWG bypass module. Remarried the TazerJL to the JL and all my settings were instantly and with no redoing of settings. Whole process took me less then 10 min..

I still feel it is easier to use a plastic pry tool to pop the two top retention clips and then to pull the bottom plastic straight off. The plastic goes back on easily and within seconds.

Note: If anything is a very slight pain in the ass it is getting the 2 cables plugged back into the JL's connector after you remove the SWG bypass module. Good lighting and a body that can contort like a 26 year old (I'm 69) is useful in this process. Again, just a slight pain...

Last edited: