Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tires for the JL

Fresh Catch

New Tires for the JL

Hello guys, i just got a JLU a few months ago and i'm getting crazy trying to decide what tires to get, i'm going to be 90% on road and 10% off road, looking for some good looking tires that can perform good on and off road, i was looking at some 315/70r17 BFG KO2's, some Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the Nitto Trail Grapplers. if you guys have some experiences with any of these tires any help will be appreciated.
    I live in San Diego and will be doing some offroading in Baja as well

Thanks for the help!

I would stay with the BFGs I am not a big Nitto fan but that was due to the 37s mud terrains having a bad radial tire pull to driver. I prefer Cooper stt Pros now.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by Omargg9 View Post
    Hello guys, i just got a JLU a few months ago and i'm getting crazy trying to decide what tires to get, i'm going to be 90% on road and 10% off road, looking for some good looking tires that can perform good on and off road, i was looking at some 315/70r17 BFG KO2's, some Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the Nitto Trail Grapplers. if you guys have some experiences with any of these tires any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
    I ran the 315/70r17 trail grapplers. They were great and I had no radial pull at all. I know 37s it seems to be common. Never had it in my 40s either but those are a different animal lol.

If you do the BFGs get the raptor spec 315, its a C.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Omargg9 View Post

Thanks for the help!
    We get a lot of good feedback on the BFG T/A K02 and the Nitto tires. Which tire is right for you depends on what you are looking for in your next set of tires. We would be happy to help if you like!
    Last edited by Discount Tire; 06-14-2018 at 05:29 AM.
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:

Been Around the Block
    Thoughts on Ridge Grapplers vs G003s vs... recommendations?

Looking for D load (C would be awesome...), 37x12.5r17s. Daily driver so top priorities are ride comfort and noise. Off road capability needs to be moderate - nothing too crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

New Tires for the JL

Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Thoughts on Ridge Grapplers vs G003s vs... recommendations?

Looking for D load (C would be awesome...), 37x12.5r17s. Daily driver so top priorities are ride comfort and noise. Off road capability needs to be moderate - nothing too crazy.

Id look at the Cooper S/T Maxx in 315/70/17. Its D load rating and a great all around tire.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appMy bad just saw your looking for a 37. The 37x12.5 17 is also D rated.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    Id look at the Cooper S/T Maxx in 315/70/17. Its D load rating and a great all around tire.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appMy bad just saw your looking for a 37. The 37x12.5 17 is also D rated.
    Definitely interested in it - I know people love it but my understanding has been that its not quite as road friendly as the Ridge Grappler (though it is better off-road).

It was my top pick for a bit, but when I sat back and thought about my usage, I bumped it down the list based on comparisons I had to the RGs for on-road use.

I had SS-M16s 37x13.50R18 on my 08 JKUS and they balanced great, rode smooth and were pretty damn quiet for an aggressive all terrain. IMG_0338.JPG

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_Wrangled View Post
    I had SS-M16s 37x13.50R18 on my 08 JKUS and they balanced great, rode smooth and were pretty damn quiet for an aggressive all terrain. IMG_0338.JPG

Very nice! Anything to compare them to, for relative comparison? One of the hardest things with tires... getting objective or relative data for comparisons.

Fresh Catch
    I run the KO2s in 315/70/17. Pretty close to a 35 and very comfortable/quiet on the street and good off road capability. My next tire will probably be the 37 BFG KM3.

IMG_3489.jpgIMG_3486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast