New Tires for the JL

Omargg9

Hello guys, i just got a JLU a few months ago and i'm getting crazy trying to decide what tires to get, i'm going to be 90% on road and 10% off road, looking for some good looking tires that can perform good on and off road, i was looking at some 315/70r17 BFG KO2's, some Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the Nitto Trail Grapplers. if you guys have some experiences with any of these tires any help will be appreciated.
I live in San Diego and will be doing some offroading in Baja as well

Thanks for the help!

Rellik

I would stay with the BFGs I am not a big Nitto fan but that was due to the 37s mud terrains having a bad radial tire pull to driver. I prefer Cooper stt Pros now.

13_gecko_rubi

Hello guys, i just got a JLU a few months ago and i'm getting crazy trying to decide what tires to get, i'm going to be 90% on road and 10% off road, looking for some good looking tires that can perform good on and off road, i was looking at some 315/70r17 BFG KO2's, some Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the Nitto Trail Grapplers. if you guys have some experiences with any of these tires any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

I ran the 315/70r17 trail grapplers. They were great and I had no radial pull at all. I know 37s it seems to be common. Never had it in my 40s either but those are a different animal lol.

If you do the BFGs get the raptor spec 315, it’s a C.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter

Thanks for the help!

We get a lot of good feedback on the BFG T/A K02 and the Nitto tires. Which tire is right for you depends on what you are looking for in your next set of tires. We would be happy to help if you like!

Last edited:

aug0211

Thoughts on Ridge Grapplers vs G003s vs... recommendations?

Looking for D load (C would be awesome...), 37x12.5r17s. Daily driver so top priorities are ride comfort and noise. Off road capability needs to be moderate - nothing too crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WiscoHR

Thoughts on Ridge Grapplers vs G003s vs... recommendations?

Looking for D load (C would be awesome...), 37x12.5r17s. Daily driver so top priorities are ride comfort and noise. Off road capability needs to be moderate - nothing too crazy.

I’d look at the Cooper S/T Maxx in 315/70/17. It’s D load rating and a great all around tire.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appMy bad just saw your looking for a 37. The 37x12.5 17 is also D rated.

aug0211

I’d look at the Cooper S/T Maxx in 315/70/17. It’s D load rating and a great all around tire.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appMy bad just saw your looking for a 37. The 37x12.5 17 is also D rated.

Definitely interested in it - I know people love it but my understanding has been that it’s not quite as road friendly as the Ridge Grappler (though it is better off-road).

It was my top pick for a bit, but when I sat back and thought about my usage, I bumped it down the list based on comparisons I had to the RGs for on-road use.

aug0211

Penukoko

I run the KO2’s in 315/70/17. Pretty close to a 35” and very comfortable/quiet on the street and good off road capability. My next tire will probably be the 37” BFG KM3.

IMG_3489.jpgIMG_3486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertsJL

I’ve had the Trail Grapplers and they sucked big time. The Ridge Grapplers loop pretty decent though.

Currently running 35/12.5/17 KM3’s and I like them. I don’t believe that they make them in a 37/12.5/17 tire yet though. Looks like they only make a 37/13.5/18.

Last edited:

Jesse_01

I have ran Interco M16 in the past as well. They did balance very & handled great. Can't remember the weight, probably heavy as they an Interco Tire.

Have never been a fan of any nitto tires, Toyo's casing seconds.

BFG KM2 has weak sidewalls. KO2 ride really nice as they are a bit of a softer compound, great for winter.

Cooper STT pro, on my 2nd set on different vehicles. 1st set was on a 2016 F350 Diesel, I found the flat spotted at night when sitting. Running them on the wires JL & have had no issues yet. 2 of the 5 JL tires took over 5oz to balance though.

Toyo M/T balance great, heavy tire designed for full size trucks imo.

Jeep_Wrangled

Very nice! Anything to compare them to, for relative comparison? One of the hardest things with tires... getting objective or relative data for comparisons.

Honestly I can’t. That was my fist set of 37’s. You can’t really compare them to 35’s as far as balancing and ride comfort. They rode soft and were amazing. I never got stuck either. If they weren’t so expensive, I’d consider them for my new JLUS. Since it will be my wife’s Jeep next year when I trade in her Armada to get a Diesel rubi for myself, it would be worth it. She’ll get a good set of all terrains like the ridgegrapplers or something.

Inox

I had the MtR on my jeep and loved them at 40k miles 50 tread left, got a deal on some M-16 much louder but all-around good tire kinda soft 15k miles and about 65- 70% wear, wife jeep has the Firestone dest, I'm totally impressed with it, little road noise, much less then the m-16s and the MtRs, I know several people with the its and the nittos and there on the softer side they seem to be a 30k tire just my .02

Jlusahara

On your list, I only have experience with the BFG, and all I can say is that the GY Duratracs are much better.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk