Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tires for the JL

Fresh Catch
    I’ve had the Trail Grapplers and they sucked big time. The Ridge Grapplers loop pretty decent though.

Currently running 35/12.5/17 KM3’s and I like them. I don’t believe that they make them in a 37/12.5/17 tire yet though. Looks like they only make a 37/13.5/18.
    Last edited by DesertsJL; 07-09-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Hooked
    I have ran Interco M16 in the past as well. They did balance very & handled great. Can't remember the weight, probably heavy as they an Interco Tire.

Have never been a fan of any nitto tires, Toyo's casing seconds.

BFG KM2 has weak sidewalls. KO2 ride really nice as they are a bit of a softer compound, great for winter.

Cooper STT pro, on my 2nd set on different vehicles. 1st set was on a 2016 F350 Diesel, I found the flat spotted at night when sitting. Running them on the wires JL & have had no issues yet. 2 of the 5 JL tires took over 5oz to balance though.

Toyo M/T balance great, heavy tire designed for full size trucks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    Very nice! Anything to compare them to, for relative comparison? One of the hardest things with tires... getting objective or relative data for comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Honestly I can’t. That was my fist set of 37’s. You can’t really compare them to 35’s as far as balancing and ride comfort. They rode soft and were amazing. I never got stuck either. If they weren’t so expensive, I’d consider them for my new JLUS. Since it will be my wife’s Jeep next year when I trade in her Armada to get a Diesel rubi for myself, it would be worth it. She’ll get a good set of all terrains like the ridgegrapplers or something.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I had the MtR on my jeep and loved them at 40k miles 50 tread left, got a deal on some M-16 much louder but all-around good tire kinda soft 15k miles and about 65- 70% wear, wife jeep has the Firestone dest, I'm totally impressed with it, little road noise, much less then the m-16s and the MtRs, I know several people with the its and the nittos and there on the softer side they seem to be a 30k tire just my .02

On your list, I only have experience with the BFG, and all I can say is that the GY Duratracs are much better.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar

New Tires for the JL

I’d go with Duratracs in 315s, superb tire and better looking than any other AT on the market IMHO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12