TJ to JL

Tellico

Hello JL Wrangler,
I've been bumming around this forum since I first saw the JL reveal and would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to everyone that has provided a lot of good info on the JL Wrangler. I appreciate and enjoy hearing of the knowedge and experiences. I thought I would also share my Jeep story since I can now officially call myself a JL owner.

My Jeep journey started in 2005 as a senior in high school when I aquired a used, stock, white, 2004 TJ X. I never could have imagined how much time, energy, and money I would end up pouring into that vehicle, but I loved every minute of it. By the time I sold it I had built a long arm suspension for it, built a rear bumper and tire carrier, swapped out the stock axles for a front HP 30 and rear Ford 8.8, lockers, armor... most of you know how quickly all this can happen. That Jeep followed me to college; we broke a lot of parts and we broke a lot of hearts. Every spare dime I had went into that vehicle. I loved every minute of it.

Fast forward a short while and life happens. I was blessed with an amazing wife (who is, thankfully, much better with finances than I am). My wife and I had to make a tough decision where we ended up saying goodbye to that TJ Wrangler. She cried (But i didn't, i definitely did not cry). :rolleyes2:

Fast forward again, and 3 kids later: who are now 6, 5, and 3 and the time has come. Somehow I made it through the JK years. I came close to pulling the trigger on a couple of occasions but the time was never right. Well I was keeping my eye on the new model rumors and the first time I saw a picture of a JL it hit me, "That's it." It was the 4-door TJ that I had been waiting for all these years :yup: I knew I would be getting one the first time I saw one.

So I think I might have set a record: Order placed on May 10, arrived at dealer in Georgia on June 11. 32 days from order to delivery! :eek:

We took her home last night and I'm very happy. It will be my wife's daily driver and the family wagon for the foreseable future. I'm sure it will everntually be a toy and seeing some rocks as the TJ did, but the plan at least is to keep it stock and enjoy it as a daily driver and weekend explorer until the kids get a little bigger. Long term plan is for the kids to share it when they start heading to highschool and I'm assuming it will look very different 10 years down the road. Thanks again for the info that everyone shares on here and can't wait to see what adventures this JL takes us on.

We said goodbye to Jubilee (TJ) and hello to Loretta (JL). :beer: :rock:

Jubilee, 2004 TJ Wrangler X:

HK.jpg

MM.jpg

Loretta, 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon:

JL2.jpg JL3.jpg

Happy Jeeping! :)

Attachments

• JL1.jpg
    JL1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 78

YAHAHA

Congrats on the JL... it's a huge step up from the TJ. Glad you found a home here at the forum.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

WranglerAz

Congrats on both vehicles. I too am moving from a TJ to a JL, I still have my TJ, I am giving it to my 21 year old daughter. Perhaps one day you will pass down a Jeep to your children.