New Owners....CHECK YOUR FUSES.

NFRs2000NYC

So it seems that MANY electrical problems with the JL that people have been experiencing are actually due to poorly seated factory fuses. Seems like they are not getting installed properly at the factory, and are vibrating loose, so, when you bring home your shiny new Jeep, pop the hood, pop the fuse cover near the battery, and push down on all the fuses and relays. Most report having at least a few fuses click in. Takes a few minutes, and can save you a lot of head scratching, getting stranded, dealer visits, etc. Happy motoring!

13_gecko_rubi

So it seems that MANY electrical problems with the JL that people have been experiencing are actually due to poorly seated factory fuses. Seems like they are not getting installed properly at the factory, and are vibrating loose, so, when you bring home your shiny new Jeep, pop the hood, pop the fuse cover near the battery, and push down on all the fuses and relays. Most report having at least a few fuses click in. Takes a few minutes, and can save you a lot of head scratching, getting stranded, dealer visits, etc. Happy motoring!
Oh how I love the internet lol

Sent via....

NFRs2000NYC

Never heard of such a thing, but I guess anything is possible.

I've had loose fuses in vehicles before, as well as relays. On my JKU for instance, the drivers side door hinge pin bolt heads are body colored, and the passenger side bolt heads are black. It left the factory this way. If it can leave the Toledo plant with mismatched bolts, I have no doubt that fuses can be poorly installed.

13_gecko_rubi

JKs and Grand Cherokees had issues with loose grounds, mine had it. I was driving down the road when I first got it, probably under 1000 miles, and I see the lightning bolt appear on the dash. Had no idea what it was....I was only 2 miles from the dealer, so I drove by, and sure enough, it was a loose ground.
My point is it's not "common" it's rare. There were well over 2 million JKs and WK2s built. Did some have loose something or others, I'm sure they did. It's pure math. Nothing that is mass produced is perfect, anyone that says theirs is is lying. Wanna check your fuses, sure check them it's easy. Are you going to find anything? Probably not. Will you maybe feel something move because you think they are loose and you read its a problem, more likely I guess. It's not like there is a person at the plant installing fuses. They come from a supplier prefused by a robot.

Sent via....

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
My point is it's not "common" it's rare. There were well over 2 million JKs and WK2s built. Did some have loose something or others, I'm sure they did. It's pure math. Nothing that is mass produced is perfect, anyone that says theirs is is lying. Wanna check your fuses, sure check them it's easy. Are you going to find anything? Probably not. Will you maybe feel something move because you think they are loose and you read its a problem, more likely I guess. It's not like there is a person at the plant installing fuses. They come from a supplier prefused by a robot.

Sent via....

The McDonald’s “fuck your $15 an hour” robots?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

new Fuses wont click in

had to geet new fuses and relays after installing the Aux switches and none fit in and none are clicking into the fuse box. Anyone have Idea about this?

YAHAHA

Most fuses are not installed at the factory. They are are typically received as complete fuse box units by Jeep. I doubt that Jeep does any inspection on them other than an electrical test as the vehicle is being built.

We supply complete fuse boxes to multiple OEMs but FCA is not one of our customers.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Billy goat

Lol I just checked mine and 5 clicked into place. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app