Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Owners....CHECK YOUR FUSES.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar

New Owners....CHECK YOUR FUSES.

So it seems that MANY electrical problems with the JL that people have been experiencing are actually due to poorly seated factory fuses. Seems like they are not getting installed properly at the factory, and are vibrating loose, so, when you bring home your shiny new Jeep, pop the hood, pop the fuse cover near the battery, and push down on all the fuses and relays. Most report having at least a few fuses click in. Takes a few minutes, and can save you a lot of head scratching, getting stranded, dealer visits, etc. Happy motoring!

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    So it seems that MANY electrical problems with the JL that people have been experiencing are actually due to poorly seated factory fuses. Seems like they are not getting installed properly at the factory, and are vibrating loose, so, when you bring home your shiny new Jeep, pop the hood, pop the fuse cover near the battery, and push down on all the fuses and relays. Most report having at least a few fuses click in. Takes a few minutes, and can save you a lot of head scratching, getting stranded, dealer visits, etc. Happy motoring!
    Oh how I love the internet lol

Sent via....

Never heard of such a thing, but I guess anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    Oh how I love the internet lol

Sent via....
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check mine.

JKs were known to have loose battery cables from the factory which caused lots of issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubinot View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check mine.

JKs were known to have loose battery cables from the factory which caused lots of issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I have never heard that.

2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Never heard of such a thing, but I guess anything is possible.
    I've had loose fuses in vehicles before, as well as relays. On my JKU for instance, the drivers side door hinge pin bolt heads are body colored, and the passenger side bolt heads are black. It left the factory this way. If it can leave the Toledo plant with mismatched bolts, I have no doubt that fuses can be poorly installed.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    I have never heard that.

JKs and Grand Cherokees had issues with loose grounds, mine had it. I was driving down the road when I first got it, probably under 1000 miles, and I see the lightning bolt appear on the dash. Had no idea what it was....I was only 2 miles from the dealer, so I drove by, and sure enough, it was a loose ground.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    JKs and Grand Cherokees had issues with loose grounds, mine had it. I was driving down the road when I first got it, probably under 1000 miles, and I see the lightning bolt appear on the dash. Had no idea what it was....I was only 2 miles from the dealer, so I drove by, and sure enough, it was a loose ground.
    My point is it's not "common" it's rare. There were well over 2 million JKs and WK2s built. Did some have loose something or others, I'm sure they did. It's pure math. Nothing that is mass produced is perfect, anyone that says theirs is is lying. Wanna check your fuses, sure check them it's easy. Are you going to find anything? Probably not. Will you maybe feel something move because you think they are loose and you read its a problem, more likely I guess. It's not like there is a person at the plant installing fuses. They come from a supplier prefused by a robot.

Sent via....

Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    My point is it's not "common" it's rare. There were well over 2 million JKs and WK2s built. Did some have loose something or others, I'm sure they did. It's pure math. Nothing that is mass produced is perfect, anyone that says theirs is is lying. Wanna check your fuses, sure check them it's easy. Are you going to find anything? Probably not. Will you maybe feel something move because you think they are loose and you read its a problem, more likely I guess. It's not like there is a person at the plant installing fuses. They come from a supplier prefused by a robot.

Sent via....
    The McDonald’s “fuck your $15 an hour” robots?

2012 Jeep Jk - 37’s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast