Does JL have a transmission cooler

Resqnu

I have searched the web and cannot find the answer. Does the new JLUR with 8 speed auto come with a transmission cooler? I currently have a 2017 JKUR HR auto and it came with an auto trans cooler.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have searched the web and cannot find the answer. Does the new JLUR with 8 speed auto come with a transmission cooler? I currently have a 2017 JKUR HR auto and it came with an auto trans cooler.

I'll have to look again but I could have sworn I saw a cooler in the cooling stack. At least, I'm pretty sure the transmission lines go up the passenger side of the radiator and into a cooler just in front of the radiator.

JTCO

Meme King
Does the new JLUR with 8 speed auto come with a transmission cooler?

Do you mean an additional external cooler? There has to be some way to cool the ATF even if it goes inside the radiator or AC condensor.

Resqnu

Mine came stock with a small trans cooler in front of the engine radiator. Looked at a JLUR yesterday and didn’t see one and salesman had no idea...lol. Just wondering if the new JL had one since my 2017 JKUR has one.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

13_gecko_rubi

Does the automatic have a trans temp on one of the dash screens?
Yes it does. But unless you get a warning message it's fine. People always think things are overheating by looking at the temps when they are actually normal. Modern engines and trans run hotter on purpose for emissions.

Sent via....

BillArnett

Slightly off topic but... I noticed yesterday that while the oil pressure normally runs at about 31 psi if you run with the engine revved up for a bit then the pressure jumps up to 75 psi. And it drops back to 31 immediately when the engine slows down again. No intermediate states. Obviously, there’s something cybernetic in there, too.

13_gecko_rubi

Slightly off topic but... I noticed yesterday that while the oil pressure normally runs at about 31 psi if you run with the engine revved up for a bit then the pressure jumps up to 75 psi. And it drops back to 31 immediately when the engine slows down again. No intermediate states. Obviously, there’s something cybernetic in there, too.
The 3.6 has a two stage oil pump.

Sent via....