35" tires with 1" Lift

GhostJL

Does anyone know if MOPAR (or anyone) will be doing a 1" lift for those of us wanting to run 35" tires on the Rubicon? It seems like the 2" lift kit creates too much space in the wheel well. I know the JL Rubicon can have 35's without a lift, but I think the word is that there will be rubbing on harder trails. Thoughts? Or Am I thinking about this wrong?

I'll probably looking at buying the Cooper STT Pros (I think this is the correct size for a 17 rim):

LT315/70R17 121\118Q E RWL 8 - 11 9.5 12.6 34.57 10 66 3195 21

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I realize that, but I read that Jeep said thats for street use only... On trails, they recommend a lift.

Only because you'd see rubbing at a full flex. Nothing a bump stop extension couldn't fix. OR, when they become available, a 1" body lift might be what you're wanting.

Four Flusher

Only because you'd see rubbing at a full flex. Nothing a bump stop extension couldn't fix. OR, when they become available, a 1" body lift might be what you're wanting.

I'm in the same boat. I want to run KO2 315/70/17 without a lift. I did a search for bump stop extensions and did't find much for the JL, too early?. I'm probably being lame, but can you point me in the right direct.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the same boat. I want to run KO2 315/70/17 without a lift. I did a search for bump stop extensions and did't find much for the JL, too early?. I'm probably being lame, but can you point me in the right direct.

You're gonna be hard pressed to find a 1" bump stop extension for anything but you should be able to install any standard 2" JK front axle mounted extension onto a JL front axle. They're just round puck and install by drilling and tapping the lower spring perch. Some use a nut to secure the bolt in place but that's it. The rear is even easier to address being that you don't have to remove the coils to install an extension. I'm not 100% if the mounting points are the same in that the JL but being that rears are typically just rectangular steel tube, you could probably make them work too.

With all that said, a 1" body lift would probably be easier to do. At that height, you shouldn't have any issues and they're typically cheap too.

JTCO

Meme King

You're gonna be hard pressed to find a 1" bump stop extension for anything but you should be able to install any standard 2" JK front axle mounted extension onto a JL front axle. They're just round puck and install by drilling and tapping the lower spring perch. Some use a nut to secure the bolt in place but that's it. The rear is even easier to address being that you don't have to remove the coils to install an extension. I'm not 100% if the mounting points are the same in that the JL but being that rears are typically just rectangular steel tube, you could probably make them work too.

On other vehicles, I've done the redneck option of buying a used hockey puck on eBay for about a dollar and gluing it on with Permatex RightStuff gasket maker. No need to remove the coil spring if you can fit it between the open space. It's still stuck there after a few years.