Blinded by My Shiny Shifter

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know how silly this may sound because I'd be the first to admit that it even sounds silly to me but does anyone else find yourself getting blinded by your transmission shifter knob? It doesn't happen all the time and sometimes, it's the person sitting in the passenger seat that gets it but depending on the time of day and the direction you're driving, the sun can have a way of reflecting off the very nice looking but very shiny shifter knob and right into your eyes.

20180528210306-db47bfe1.jpg

20180528210303-d0adae18.jpg

Obviously, putting your hand over the shift knob fixes the glare and again, I was just wondering if I was the only one to notice this. :crazyeyes:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Sounds like you may need one of these...

20180603_144350-608x608.png

No kidding, they're a real thing. :crazyeyes:

20180603_144424-608x608.png

20180603_144322-608x608.jpg

... of course when you go to 40s, you'll need one in Magnum size. :D

BillArnett

I know how silly this may sound ...

Not at all. I have similar problems all the time. But this one has an easy fix: Print the JLWrangler icon on a piece of plain white paper, trim it to fit and glue it to the shift knob:

xx.jpg

You'll be the first one on your block!

LauraRose

I'm only 5' tall (or 5' short, however you want to look at it, lol!) ...and i've never experienced being blind by the sun reflecting off of my shift knob... finally the geometry is working for me!.. by the time the sun is low enough in the sky that it could reflect into my eyes, the dash obstructs it, YES!...i'm not an engineer, so maybe that doesn't even make sense - just trying to lighten things up at 5:38 AM on a Thursday :)

Laura Rose from PA

offcamber

I haven't been blinded by it yet, but i did make the mistake of putting my hand on it after it sat in the sun for a few hours. Jeep missed out on a golden opportunity with the shift knob. Rather than putting the shiny clear stuff over the Jeep, they should have just made it raised metal so it could brand everyone's hand with a Jeep aka Raiders of the Lost Ark style (Nazi who grabs medal out of fire)...

WizzBang

I know how silly this may sound because I'd be the first to admit that it even sounds silly to me but does anyone else find yourself getting blinded by your transmission shifter knob?

Digging up this again. I ran across this thread trying to find a vinyl overlay to cover up the chrome. So far I haven't found one but will keep looking...

Saddletramp

Digging up this again. I ran across this thread trying to find a vinyl overlay to cover up the chrome. So far I haven't found one but will keep looking...

Reach out to the guy at pixel decals or any vinyl wrapping shop locally and have them cut out a few vinyl sticker circles that size in a matte or satin color. I had him cut some small ones a couple of years ago to put on my JK dash to cover up the traction control lights, lol.