4 or 5 point harness

Solo

I'm a new jeep owner. I love driving around with my doors off but feel like i'm going to slide out the side with just the set belt on. Has anyone installed 4 or 5 point harnesses in their Wranglers or know if is even possible?

Thousands, if not millions of Jeep drivers have driven billions of miles with the doors off over the last nearly 80 years and not had an issue falling out... I understand it feels foreign, but it shouldn't take to long to fall in love with the feeling

That said, I haven't personally seen harness options specifically for the JL yet, but they will come. Many hardcore Jeep wheelers have installed them in the past.

Sent from my SM-G892U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
I'm a new jeep owner. I love driving around with my doors off but feel like i'm going to slide out the side with just the set belt on. Has anyone installed 4 or 5 point harnesses in their Wranglers or know if is even possible?

If you lock your seat belt, it will make you feel more secure, but eventually you just get used to it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off, just because you "feel" like you could fall out doesn't mean you would or even could fall out of your Jeep. Second, while there are ways to get a 4-point harness installed using factory seats, it'll take some creative work on your part and it'll look like shit. This is to say nothing about the fact that unless you still latch your seat belt or have a TAZER JL to turn it off, your chime will go off the whole time. If you really want a 4 or 5 point harness, you'll really want to get new seats made for them AND you'll want some kind of harness bar to make it work. That being said, I don't think there are any companies that offer brackets that will allow their seats to bolt up to the factory mounts or at least, not as of yet AND I don't know if or how you can make them work with things like the air bag sensors. This was a real problem in 2012-up JK's.

13_gecko_rubi

First off, just because you "feel" like you could fall out doesn't mean you would or even could fall out of your Jeep. Second, while there are ways to get a 4-point harness installed using factory seats, it'll take some creative work on your part and it'll look like shit. This is to say nothing about the fact that unless you still latch your seat belt or have a TAZER JL to turn it off, your chime will go off the whole time. If you really want a 4 or 5 point harness, you'll really want to get new seats made for them AND you'll want some kind of harness bar to make it work. That being said, I don't think there are any companies that offer brackets that will allow their seats to bolt up to the factory mounts or at least, not as of yet AND I don't know if or how you can make them work with things like the air bag sensors. This was a real problem in 2012-up JK's.
I think i could tell you how to get around the airbags :) give me a few months and I'll do a writeup

Sent via....