Hello from Salt Lake City

Lyman

First of all Hello Everyone! Great to see a one stop place to get a bunch of great information.
I have owned a Jeep CJ7 now for over 25 years and recently decided as much as I loved that Jeep it was finally time
for something new.

In my search for information on the new JL I ran across Eddie's WAYALIFE youtube page. I then proceeded to binge watch all of his(and her's) videos.
Even if I was not in the market for a Jeep the video's are top notch and enjoyed every minute of them. I only wish there were more.

After seeing the look of the Jeep with 37's and just the overall new look I decided it was time. So what you see below is a brand new JL fresh off the lot today.
It is just bone stock with an Auto and Hard top being the only addons. Knowing that this would eventually be my only Jeep I plan to replace the axles with a pair
of ProRock Dana 60's. I would have ordered them today, but it seems Dynatrac is still working on the design. I was told two months so hopefully I can get them on order
then.

Evo 3.5inch suspension will be ordered up soon and Rubican fender flairs, floor mats, and hitch are already on order. Hopefully in 4-6 months I can gets axles in and start the build and be ready for EJS next year.
DSCN1202.jpg
I will post more pics when that happens. Until then I hope to get a few questions answered and read other builds.

Eddie once again great videos. Hope to see you on the Trail.

Steve
Salt Lake City, Utah

Lyman

Hi to Bountiful guy.

Unfortunately the CJ7 will be sold to fund the new jeep. Plus I just don't have a need or room for two jeeps. It will be sad to see it go, but for a good cause.

Also for those interested I thought I would give out some numbers on the buy.

MSRP: 35,535
Invoice: 34,626
Out the door Price: 35,708
Just the car Price: 32,894 (This was invoice -5%)
Tax: 2,274
License/Tags: 237
Doc Fee: 299

I found another jeep dealer that had a Jeep 2,100 below MSRP(but it was white, I really wanted red). After his first attempt I showed him this other Jeep and he was like huh. I then also had a sheet on what other JL wrangler owners had paid from another JL forum. Most of them were 5% below invoice and said I had 5 other dealerships I was going to hit up next. He said give him a minute and he came back and said OK. I was shocked. I figured for sure I was going to running around all day to different dealerships.

Hopefully this will help people out with their own buying experience. I also did this on June 1. The sales guy was like this was a good way to start off the month. Im guessing the last day of the month would be good to. Look at all dealerships in your area and find Jeeps that have what you want. Plan to hit several and let the sales guy know your the first stop. Happy hunting.

Steve