Mopar tire carrier installed

offcamber

Odd that you are having the issue with the sensors. I ran a 35 on mine in the stock position for six weeks with no issues. I added the Mopar tailgate reinforcement and it still worked fine. I then went to 37x13.5x17's and the tire wouldnt fit so I ordered the Rusty's spare tire bracket. It wouldnt fit over the mopar reinforcement kit so we had to cut it to get it to go over the bracket. Still issues with the sensors. I think it's questionable how much the Mopar tailgate reinforcement helps....when I shiut my tailgate the tailgate flexes mightily and does not seem that sturdy...untitled (36 of 59)-X4.jpg

JLSahara

How do you turn off the rear sensors? I am about to pull the trigger on a JL, but all the one's I am finding have the active safety group. Concerned about the rear sensors going off as I plan to run 37s. Any fixes or reasons not to get the safety group?

There’s a button on the dash under the screen to turn it off. It stays off after turning the car off and on so that’s the plus, the negative is a warning flashes a couple times on the speedometer but I’m used to it now.

I might try that LOD riser though. Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bsimon187

I didn't even realize this thread was still going.

Im about 2.5 months so far and the carrier has held up great with no squeaks, rattles, looseness, or anything. Pretty happy so far. Spent a few days wheeling Windrock and it did not disappoint.

I have a brand new never used LOD riser set sitting in the garage, however I like the look of the mopar kit and it seems that it is going to hold up quite well.

StingRubi19

I didn't even realize this thread was still going.

Im about 2.5 months so far and the carrier has held up great with no squeaks, rattles, looseness, or anything. Pretty happy so far. Spent a few days wheeling Windrock and it did not disappoint.

I have a brand new never used LOD riser set sitting in the garage, however I like the look of the mopar kit and it seems that it is going to hold up quite well.
Nice, thanks for the update. I may be going this route. I do like the clean look of it as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app