Mopar tire carrier installed

Bsimon187

Finally got all the pieces in and enough cooperation from the rain to get this installed. IMG_0995.JPGIMG_0994.JPGIMG_0996.JPGIMG_0997.JPG.

I think it came out great overall. The stops were a little short so I had the idea to combine the long stops and the factory ones to make it a little longer. That worked awesomely and now this thing has zero movement.

Now to get the cb installed.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLSahara

I got it installed on mine too but now the rear sensors to go off all the time. Is that happening to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillArnett

I got it installed on mine too but now the rear sensors to go off all the time. Is that happening to you?

Mine goes off 100% of the time in Reverse. Very annoying. It's at the dealer right now with that complaint and another about wind noise. We shall see what they are able to accomplish...

JLSahara

Mine goes off 100% of the time in Reverse. Very annoying. It's at the dealer right now with that complaint and another about wind noise. We shall see what they are able to accomplish...

Keep me posted on what they say. I’ve been driving with the sensors off but that defeats the reason on why I paid extra for them.

Amric

Looks great!!!

Do you happen to know the max weight the mopar tire carrier can hold. I as thinking of adding a hi-lift to mine on the extra bolt holes near the hinge, but don’t want to overload it.

BillArnett

Keep me posted on what they say. I’ve been driving with the sensors off but that defeats the reason on why I paid extra for them.

The dealer kept my JL for 4 days. After all was said and done they didn’t fix anything wrt the wind noise and just reiterated that the ParkSensor was reacting to the spare. So it was a total waste of time. About what I expected. At least they didn’t charge me anything.

JLSahara

Well that sucks. I figured they wouldn’t be able to do much. I’m thinking about maybe disconnecting the two center ones and seeing how that goes. I wonder if other tire relocation kits have the same issue.

On another note, It’s nice that the crossPath detection works with ParkSense off.

Last edited:

BillArnett

Well that sucks. I figured they wouldn’t be able to do much. I’m thinking about maybe disconnecting the two center ones and seeing how that goes. I wonder if other tire relocation kits have the same issue.

On another note, It’s nice that the crossPath detection works with ParkSense off.

I tried disconnecting the electrical connector between the bumper and the frame that connects the license plate light and the parking sensors. The computer wasn’t happy: it complained that ParkSense needed service. I suspect if you try to disconnect just one or two of the sensors you’ll get the same thing but it’s certainly worth a try. Let us know...

JLSahara

Well that sucks. I have it at my local shop to see if they can do anything with it but I’m doubting they’ll be able to do anything.

BillArnett

Well that sucks. I have it at my local shop to see if they can do anything with it but I’m doubting they’ll be able to do anything.

I think our best hope at this point is that Z Automotive may be able to disable the system with an update to the Taser JL.

JLSahara

It’s holding up fine on 35’s without the reinforcement kit but I had to turn off the rear sensors. That problem still persists.

NFRs2000NYC

The dealer kept my JL for 4 days. After all was said and done they didn’t fix anything wrt the wind noise and just reiterated that the ParkSensor was reacting to the spare. So it was a total waste of time. About what I expected. At least they didn’t charge me anything.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but rotate the tire on the carrier and see if it stops your issue. Apparently, this has solved a number of people's issues.

StingRubi19

It’s holding up fine on 35’s without the reinforcement kit but I had to turn off the rear sensors. That problem still persists.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but rotate the tire on the carrier and see if it stops your issue. Apparently, this has solved a number of people's issues.
Kinda makes me glad I kept that option out so I dont have to deal with that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

I agree. On the wrangler, the safety group and the upcoming radar cruise and such, will just be a massive headache for those that want to mod their Jeep.

Resqnu

How do you turn off the rear sensors? I am about to pull the trigger on a JL, but all the one's I am finding have the active safety group. Concerned about the rear sensors going off as I plan to run 37s. Any fixes or reasons not to get the safety group?